2Likes
  • 1 Post By Lessthen3ee
  • 1 Post By Trimapa

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-09-2017, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
390 Duke 2017 - Blacked out.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to see for myself how the new 390 Duke (2017) would look with black wheels (Duke 125 wheels) and being completely blacked out. So I had a bit of a play around on paint and photoshop.

Here is the result: 390 Duke 2017 - Blacked out wheels and blacked out frame version. (I'm a rookie photoshopper). - Album on Imgur

I actually really like the black wheels, seems to make the bike look 'older' or 'bigger', less 'boy'-like if you will. I also actually really like the complete blacked out rear sub-frame look, although in order to bring that to fruition, it would take quite some time and money to complete. As opposed to just changing the wheels over or getting them powder coated.

I've also attached the images below, including the original bike for comparison.

All opinions welcome, just thought I'd share the pictures, in case anyone else was wondering what those changes would look like!

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dukebackground.jpg
Views:	528
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	33785   Click image for larger version

Name:	blackedout duke 390.jpg
Views:	2877
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	33793   Click image for larger version

Name:	original duke.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	33801  
KreamTM likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-10-2017, 10:03 AM

I'm actually a huge fan of that look, I'm looking to get a '17 when they're finally available (Hurry up KTM NA!!!) and I'll definitely be looking for the blacked out rims (which apparently were available on the '16s ?) and now that I've seen this, I'll want to get that rear sub-frame done as well, although I may just DIY it with plasti-dip.

Good rendering though, and the bike looks a lot more serious and meaner in that trim, this has got me even more stoked than before!
post #3 of 4 Old 02-11-2017, 03:29 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreamTM View Post
I'm actually a huge fan of that look, I'm looking to get a '17 when they're finally available (Hurry up KTM NA!!!) and I'll definitely be looking for the blacked out rims (which apparently were available on the '16s ?) and now that I've seen this, I'll want to get that rear sub-frame done as well, although I may just DIY it with plasti-dip.

Good rendering though, and the bike looks a lot more serious and meaner in that trim, this has got me even more stoked than before!
Yeah it looks so much more grown up! I'm not sure about the blacked out wheels being available in the 16's, but I do know a few people just swapped them with the Duke 125/200 wheels, or painted them black themselves!

I'm super excited for these bikes, all the dealers here in Australia are saying next month! :P

post #4 of 4 Old 02-11-2017, 03:43 AM

Garage
Look , I dread the day I come across a 2017 Duke 390 in my KTM dealers showroom ....
Clinton1 likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page