KTM 390 Recalled - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 Old 09-20-2013, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
KTM 390 Recalled

There are rumors that the KTM Duke 390 has already been recalled! It has something to do with the fan assembly and rotor - the fan assembly works along with the liquid cooling of the engine.

More here: http://www.motoroids.com/news/ktm-390-duke-recalled/

Moderator, KTMDuke390Forum.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-25-2013, 06:55 AM

When i saw this news i called the Langford Road, Bangalore showroom manager where i have booked my Duke 390, he says initially around 16 bikes were released for testing on road, Only those bike are being recalled and also he confirmed the Duke 390s which are being rolled out are coming with the new parts. Don't know how far this is true...
#3 Old 09-27-2013, 12:42 PM

Hello Guys,
My name is Shoji and am new to the forum. I had booked the 390 on the 1st day allowed here in cochin, kerala. On reading the news, i called the showroom but they just told me that "i heard it to but my boss did not inform anything about it"
Is there any contact bajaj head office or ktm that we could ask for an honest news?

i am all prepared even with k&n filter sitting ready to go in

regards

Shoji
#4 Old 10-07-2013, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shojibaby View Post
Hello Guys,
My name is Shoji and am new to the forum. I had booked the 390 on the 1st day allowed here in cochin, kerala. On reading the news, i called the showroom but they just told me that "i heard it to but my boss did not inform anything about it"
Is there any contact bajaj head office or ktm that we could ask for an honest news?

i am all prepared even with k&n filter sitting ready to go in

regards

Shoji
Hi Shojibaby, give it a little time, dealers will start calling out to people who need to come in for the recall.
#5 Old 10-07-2013, 10:32 AM

Yea don't stress it, things like this does happen with new bikes, just need to be patient. It just gives us more time to collect aftermarket parts for our dukes
#6 Old 10-07-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JigS@W View Post
When i saw this news i called the Langford Road, Bangalore showroom manager where i have booked my Duke 390, he says initially around 16 bikes were released for testing on road, Only those bike are being recalled and also he confirmed the Duke 390s which are being rolled out are coming with the new parts. Don't know how far this is true...
I'm pretty sure if there was a recall the factory would fit the new Dukes with the new parts to save having them head back to dealers to be fixed. If its already left the factory before the recall there is a chance it might need the new parts.
#7 Old 11-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
@JigS@W did you put down a deposit as well?

Moderator, KTMDuke390Forum.com
#8 Old 11-09-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeitout View Post
I'm pretty sure if there was a recall the factory would fit the new Dukes with the new parts to save having them head back to dealers to be fixed. If its already left the factory before the recall there is a chance it might need the new parts.
ideally that's what should happen but some might be greedy and just try to get rid of the bikes ASAP and just expect the owner to follow up with recalls and issues. Best to find a good dealer.
#9 Old 11-11-2013, 01:11 PM

I doubt that. Dealers usually will let you know of any recalls when you bring it in for servicing
#10 Old 11-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
@JigS@W

Trust me, I am pretty sure you weren't the only one freaking out. I am surprised they had an answer for you so quick some dealers didn't even know about this problem.

Moderator, ktmduke390forum.com - The Internet's friendliest ktm duke 390 Forum!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page