EICMA KTM Press Conference Live Stream - Page 3 - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 17Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 36 Old 11-09-2016, 12:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Trimapa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,232
Garage
Just received some pictures live from from the Milan show : They were sent via whatssapp , but I should have plenty more tomorrow when David is back in the workshop ; Fitting my slipper clutch !!!
The 790 and the new 390
They already have an Akra on it !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4285.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	31721   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4286.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	207.7 KB
ID:	31729   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4287.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	192.4 KB
ID:	31737   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4288.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	31745  
Trimapa is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 36 Old 11-09-2016, 04:35 PM
640
Senior Member
 
640's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 694
Garage
Looks better overall than I thought it would.

I like it.

Weight gain disappointing but at 149kg still hardly a porker and larger tank, improved front suspension & improved instrumentation all welcome.

Will be interesting to read first road tests, but doubt I'll be rushing out to buy one........

Less is more - You can only use 150hp .001% of the time, but you can use 150kg 100% of the time ...........


2015 390 Duke / 2001 KTM 640 Duke2 (awaiting carb rebuild) / 1998 Bandit 1200 (half dead) / 1994 DR350 (in bits)
640 is offline  
post #23 of 36 Old 11-09-2016, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator
 
malJohann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: MEL VIC AUS
Posts: 1,618
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640 View Post
Looks better overall than I thought it would.

I like it.

Weight gain disappointing but at 149kg still hardly a porker and larger tank, improved front suspension & improved instrumentation all welcome.

Will be interesting to read first road tests, but doubt I'll be rushing out to buy one........
TBH I would if I could. Think its an awesome update.

The weight gain will be easy to remedy, then you have the bigger tank, better brakes, better front suspension, ride by wire, LED lights with DRLs standard, and other juicy optionals.

I'm betting the white one will still be the faster one though.
Diploman likes this.
malJohann is offline  
 
post #24 of 36 Old 11-09-2016, 05:08 PM
Senior Member
 
CDN Duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posts: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by malJohann View Post
TBH I would if I could. Think its an awesome update.

The weight gain will be easy to remedy, then you have the bigger tank, better brakes, better front suspension, ride by wire, LED lights with DRLs standard, and other juicy optionals.

I'm betting the white one will still be the faster one though.
Was there any mention on pricing yet? I'm expecting it's more expensive as well...

2016 Duke 390
2001 Buell Blast
2005 Subaru Legacy BP 2.5i Wagon
Past Bikes - 1988 Yamaha YSR50, 1988 Yamaha FZ600, 1981 Honda XL500, 1983 Yamaha XT250, 1983 Honda NX250, 1983 Honda GB250 Clubman, 1993 Aprilia Climber 280, 1984 Yamaha SRX400
CDN Duke is online now  
post #25 of 36 Old 11-09-2016, 05:25 PM
Senior Member
 
LNICK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brasil
Posts: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640 View Post
Looks better overall than I thought it would.

I like it.

Weight gain disappointing but at 149kg still hardly a porker and larger tank, improved front suspension & improved instrumentation all welcome.

Will be interesting to read first road tests, but doubt I'll be rushing out to buy one........
Ok I liked the TFT and BT option but who was the person that designed the external format of it!!!!
It is a black box weird that appeared an prototype. Guys from KTM are needing to hire a Italian designer.

The big brother is my number and reminds me my old F800R. Brazilian KTMīs site already included information regarding it and removed Super Duke R from it. Maybe they are thing in something cheaper and nice... Who knows...
Luis
LNICK is online now  
post #26 of 36 Old 11-09-2016, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator
 
malJohann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: MEL VIC AUS
Posts: 1,618
Garage
malJohann is offline  
post #27 of 36 Old 11-09-2016, 05:56 PM
Senior Member
 
G19Tony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 336
Garage
This may get KTM off the X, re: ADV bikes.

2017 BMW G310GS Unveiled at EICMA

My garage makes me happy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Honda CT70
Honda Grom
KTM 390 Duke
G19Tony is online now  
post #28 of 36 Old 11-10-2016, 04:57 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Murrysville, PA, USA. A pleasant, wooded suburb of Pittsburgh.
Posts: 1,962
With the 790 prototype and the refreshed 390 Duke, KTM has taken its signature space-alien styling (by Kiska) to another level. It's totally weird and insectoid, IMO. Perhaps they should have hired Sigourney Weaver as a model for the EICMA show.

That said, the styling is very well integrated and nicely done. I have to admit it's growing on me, and the new 390 is a handsome, aggressive-looking bike that makes me think of a praying mantis poised to pounce. In spite of myself, I quite like it. The new bifurcated LED headlight in its production version does not seem as strange and alienating as in the pre-production photos. The only real flaw in the bike's aesthetic presentation is the jarringly ugly side-mounted exhaust cannister. If the Gen 1 underbody exhaust cannot pass Euro 4 norms, then I would have preferred a solution akin to the 790's (but without the bun warmer). The new tank side panels, to paraphrase Led Zepplin: "What a whole lotta Orange!"

Cheers, Will

"If you don't know where you're going, you might wind up somewhere else."
--Yogi Berra

2015 390 Duke
1980 Moto Guzzi V50 II (becoming a cafe racer)
1984 Moto Guzzi SP 1000
Diploman is online now  
post #29 of 36 Old 11-10-2016, 05:12 AM
Senior Member
 
Trimapa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,232
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN Duke View Post
Was there any mention on pricing yet? I'm expecting it's more expensive as well...
5399,00 EURO in Spain which is exactly the same as "old " 390
Diploman likes this.
Trimapa is online now  
post #30 of 36 Old 11-10-2016, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
retrochick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Toronto, Ont. CANADA
Posts: 324
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diploman View Post
With the 790 prototype and the refreshed 390 Duke, KTM has taken its signature space-alien styling (by Kiska) to another level. It's totally weird and insectoid, IMO. Perhaps they should have hired Sigourney Weaver as a model for the EICMA show.

That said, the styling is very well integrated and nicely done. I have to admit it's growing on me, and the new 390 is a handsome, aggressive-looking bike that makes me think of a praying mantis poised to pounce. In spite of myself, I quite like it. The new bifurcated LED headlight in its production version does not seem as strange and alienating as in the pre-production photos. The only real flaw in the bike's aesthetic presentation is the jarringly ugly side-mounted exhaust cannister. If the Gen 1 underbody exhaust cannot pass Euro 4 norms, then I would have preferred a solution akin to the 790's (but without the bun warmer). The new tank side panels, to paraphrase Led Zepplin: "What a whole lotta Orange!"
Kiska says it best right there on their website:
"Supported by unmistakable signals that divide people into lovers or haters, the more polarising KTM is, the happier we are. Itís simple: you either love KTM, or you hate it. The colour? Polarising. The videos? Provocative. The designs? A declaration of war. We don't want KTM to be everybody's darling. We want it to be unmistakably intense - always looking ahead. Itís why the logo symbolises a champion on the winnerís podium. As far as weíre concerned, thatís exactly where the brand belongs."

Personally I think the new 390 looks daft - especially the bifurcated headlight. While the new 790 (including the bifurcated headlight) ignites the Rider's Passion in me and I can't wait to feel it between my legs!
Diploman likes this.

I am female.
FE=Iron + Male.
Therefore, I am IronMan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
retrochick is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome