EICMA KTM Press Conference Live Stream - Page 4 - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 36 Old 11-10-2016, 09:06 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19Tony View Post
This may get KTM off the X, re: ADV bikes.

2017 BMW G310GS Unveiled at EICMA
Our BMW dealership says they have heard there is an RR version coming also.

His: 2016 BMW S1000RR
Hers: 2016 KTM Duke 390
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 11-10-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimapa View Post
5399,00 EURO in Spain which is exactly the same as "old " 390
Well, that's decent then - the current generation were a lot of value for the price, that trend will continue with the new as well it seems. I definitely do like the new styling but happy I got the lower version for us as we're shorter people.

Weight gain is manageable, but starting from 306lb dry weight and dropping from there is better than starting with an additional 22lb to begin with IMO.

Brake - I'm already running HH pads as many others do and I can purchase an aftermarket 320mm rotor later to make up the balance of the difference. It's on my list - just waiting to find a good deal on a larger rotor.

The biggest improvement, other than the new frame/styling, is the increased fuel capacity I think. Having ridden to 0kms to go on fuel indicator yesterday and then only being able to put in 8 liters, I would definitely appreciate an added 2l of capacity.

2016 Duke 390
2001 Buell Blast
2005 Subaru Legacy BP 2.5i Wagon
Past Bikes - 1988 Yamaha YSR50, 1988 Yamaha FZ600, 1981 Honda XL500, 1983 Yamaha XT250, 1983 Honda NX250, 1983 Honda GB250 Clubman, 1993 Aprilia Climber 280, 1984 Yamaha SRX400
post #33 of 36 Old 11-10-2016, 10:28 AM

At first when looking at the pre production model, i was like not very impressed, but now the final look has grown on me - i like.
640 likes this.

post #34 of 36 Old 11-10-2016, 06:07 PM

Location: Murrysville, PA, USA. A pleasant, wooded suburb of Pittsburgh.
Agreed, RC. I find the 790 very hot as well. Once you learn to wrap your mind around Kiska's wild and radical styling, it can become very attractive.

Over a year ago the German moto-mag Motorrad had a long spread about the "KTM Duke 800", with photos of the early test mules. They reckoned the bike would be built in Austria and would sell for something in the range of 11-12k $US. But now there seems to be talk of moving its production to India. If so, that would mean a substantially lower price. The final production model will undoubtedly look somewhat different from the prototype: Among other things they need to fit a tail light, license plate bracket and light, and indicators front and rear. Likely there will be a rear fender of some sort - that tail is a little too tidy as it is now....

Cheers, Will

"If you don't know where you're going, you might wind up somewhere else."
--Yogi Berra

2015 390 Duke
1980 Moto Guzzi V50 II (becoming a cafe racer)
1984 Moto Guzzi SP 1000
post #35 of 36 Old 11-11-2016, 04:51 AM

Garage
That 790 " Scalpel " or " Bisturi " as it is called in Spain is really teasing me .. Dilemma ... I still want a KTM 350 Six Days . ( I was dragging my feet on buying that Norton Commando and in the meanwhile someone who obviously didn't drag it's feet has bought it ) So... I looks like that I will have to sell the 390 in order to buy the 790 ..

My mechanic who saw the 790 at hand , said it was one of the best looking bike's he ever came across . Really up there with MV Agusta and Ducati but at half of the price .
post #36 of 36 Old 11-11-2016, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimapa View Post
That 790 " Scalpel " or " Bisturi " as it is called in Spain is really teasing me .. Dilemma ... I still want a KTM 350 Six Days . ( I was dragging my feet on buying that Norton Commando and in the meanwhile someone who obviously didn't drag it's feet has bought it ) So... I looks like that I will have to sell the 390 in order to buy the 790 ..

My mechanic who saw the 790 at hand , said it was one of the best looking bike's he ever came across . Really up there with MV Agusta and Ducati but at half of the price .
We aren't meant to own one bike our whole lives. There's too many exciting machines out there to buy one and keep it forever. I mean, unless you're super wealthy and can afford a garage of "collectibles" Wouldn't that be grand.
I think the 790 has a real Brutale vibe to it.
I too will probably have to sell my 390 to get the 790. If the production version doesn't suck balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diploman View Post
Agreed, RC. I find the 790 very hot as well. Once you learn to wrap your mind around Kiska's wild and radical styling, it can become very attractive.

Over a year ago the German moto-mag Motorrad had a long spread about the "KTM Duke 800", with photos of the early test mules. They reckoned the bike would be built in Austria and would sell for something in the range of 11-12k $US. But now there seems to be talk of moving its production to India. If so, that would mean a substantially lower price. The final production model will undoubtedly look somewhat different from the prototype: Among other things they need to fit a tail light, license plate bracket and light, and indicators front and rear. Likely there will be a rear fender of some sort - that tail is a little too tidy as it is now....
Too tidy, but sooooooooooo pretty. Hopefully they don't change the exhaust placement. It's so radical and ... well, so awesome. Hope they don't stick a big, ugly fart can coming out the side.
Time will tell.

I am female.
FE=Iron + Male.
Therefore, I am IronMan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page