• 1 Post By The Mariner
  • 2 Post By The Mariner
  • 2 Post By Diploman

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 01-05-2016, 12:38 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Bazzaz Z-FI map library

Hi Everyone,

This thread has been created to allow the sharing of maps used by your Bazzaz piggyback ECU module. If you have a developed a map & would like to share it with others, this is the place to do it. To keep this topic friendly & open, yet serious enough ('coz we are adjusting things that could lead to engine problems) I think we should follow these guidelines:

1).. Please DO NOT post maps developed by commercial sources like MNNTHBX, HardRacing etc. Those guys have spent their own time & money developing maps for their customers so it would be wrong for them to be pirated here. If you found the map available on another internet source, please credit the source.

2).. There are no warranties associated with any maps posted here. Everyone uses them at their own risk.

3).. When you upload a map to share, please ensure you have the following information in your post:

- Build year of your Duke or RC.
- Your country.
- Octane of fuel being used by you when you developed the map.
- Stock or aftermarket exhaust ? If aftermarket, which one ?
- Stock or aftermarker air filter. ? If aftermarket, which one ?
- Stock or aftermarket airbox lid ? If aftermarket, which one ?
- Have the map values been input manually or by using an autotune feature ?
- List any other modifications to your engine.
- Is this map for fuel only, or fuel & ignition ?
- Your impression of the performance you found using this map, like "Pulls strongly from low revs through midrange" or "Good for track use but not really for the street".

4).. Maps should be compressed (zipped-up) & attached to your post so they can be easily downloaded by other forum members.

Thanks
MNNTHBX likes this.

Regards,

Phil.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KTM 390 Duke (white of course), Skyteam ACE 125 and a '72 Suzuki GP125 Cafe Racer project bike.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-07-2016, 06:07 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hi Everyone,

I posted a map here that I found on the RC forum that's for the PCV.

So.. I transposed it over into a Bazzaz map and that map is 'PCV_autotune.zfm1'. It's a direct equivalent (well, as close as the Bazzaz Z-FI Mapping program will allow) to the PCV map.

If you notice, the fuel corrections change quite a lot above 7500rpm & 50% throttle opening, so I have used the Bazzaz program's smoothing function to 'soften' the transition in the 500rpm & 10% throttle opening before, and that's what 'PCV_autotune_smoothed.zfm1' is.

Hope these are of some use. Please read the comments for the PCV map for details of the bike, mods etc.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Bazzaz.zip (390 Bytes, 60 views)

Regards,

Phil.

KTM 390 Duke (white of course), Skyteam ACE 125 and a '72 Suzuki GP125 Cafe Racer project bike.
post #3 of 8 Old 01-07-2016, 09:10 PM

Awesome! I've been wanting this for a long time.. even tried posting but didn't have many takers. I will post my map when i get home.
Another thing we may want to list is which "base map" was your map developed over? ie) Stock or Akra map.. stock as in (EU, NA, Indian map). Will def try your map.
I'm impressed that you were able to convert PCV map to Bazzaz.. how did you do that? or is it same with just a different extension?

post #4 of 8 Old 01-07-2016, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hi Ripped,

Bazzaz & PCV maps have a different internal formats so it's not just a case of changing the extension.... unfortunately.

I took a real old-school approach to transposing the maps.

1).. Open the PCV map in the PCV program.
2).. Screen capture the fuel adjustment table.
3).. Exit.
4).. Open the Bazzaz program, type in the corrections to a blank fuel table.
5).. Save & exit.

The fuelling corrections are expressed in % in both companies maps so eveything should be consistent.
Diploman and rippedcb like this.

Regards,

Phil.

post #5 of 8 Old 01-09-2016, 10:55 AM

Location: Murrysville, PA, USA. A pleasant, wooded suburb of Pittsburgh.
Phil, I think your idea of building a library of fuel controller maps is very worthwhile and will prove helpful to more and more 390 owners who fit controllers. Thanks for initiating this!
The Mariner and zippy49 like this.

Cheers, Will

"If you don't know where you're going, you might wind up somewhere else."
--Yogi Berra

2015 390 Duke
1980 Moto Guzzi V50 II (becoming a cafe racer)
1984 Moto Guzzi SP 1000
post #6 of 8 Old 01-11-2016, 02:40 PM

Garage
I finally got a chance to compare maps between the one supplied with the Z-F1 and the two that have been posted.

The Bazzaz map appears to have much more correction, especially at midrange throttle openings and below 7500 rpm. The PC map posted here is much simpler, with the same +8% correction at all throttle settings up to 7K. Below 50% the correction stays pretty much the same all the way to redline.

Contrast this to the Bazzaz map, which I won't post but shows +15 at 50% and only 4K. The correction is much higher everywhere above that, up to +33 at 60% and 6.5K. This is a normal operating situation and will certainly reduce the range to an unacceptable (to me) level.

Since I am not racing this bike, max HP is not an issue. If I had wanted more, I'd have bought a bigger bike. So, it's time for some tweaking. I'll start with the PC map, and work up from there if I think it needs it.

It's a shame that Bazzaz wants so much $$ for a remote switch. I don't need it on the bars, just somewhere accessible. Will find a cheaper solution.

Lighter makes it righter!
post #7 of 8 Old 01-11-2016, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hi Zippy,

I agree...the price for the map change switch does seem really high for what it is. It shouldn't be too hard to find a waterproof 2-pole 2-position switch & splice it into the middle of the map select wire loop.

Regards,

Phil.

post #8 of 8 Old 02-01-2016, 11:53 AM

Garage
I ended up installing the switch on the bars, made it easy to compare maps on the fly.

Here is a map I made, it's lean like the Powertronics one. It's not actually compressed, just change the extension to ".zfm1". I'll give it a go later when is warms up a bit. I also made a "rich" map that is about 1/3 leaner than the one supplied on the unit. Will post that once I have it where I want.

I'm thinking that our Sunday rides would use full power, and longer trips would use the lean map.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Lean map 1.zip (519 Bytes, 42 views)

Lighter makes it righter!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page