Dynojet Power Commander V map library - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 10Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 01-04-2016, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
The Mariner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 623
(Thread Starter)
Dynojet Power Commander V map library

Hi Everyone,

This thread has been created to allow the sharing of maps used by your Power Commander V piggyback ECU module. If you have a developed a map & would like to share it with others, this is the place to do it. To keep this topic friendly & open, yet serious enough ('coz we are adjusting things that could lead to engine problems) I think we should follow these guidelines:

1).. Please DO NOT post maps developed by commercial sources like MNNTHBX, HardRacing etc. Those guys have spent their own time & money developing maps for their customers so it would be wrong for them to be pirated here. If you found the map available on another internet source, please credit the source.

2).. There are no warranties associated with any maps posted here. Everyone uses them at their own risk.

3).. When you upload a map to share, please ensure you have the following information in your post:

- Build year of your Duke or RC.
- Your country.
- Octane of fuel being used by you when you developed the map.
- Stock or aftermarket exhaust ? If aftermarket, which one ?
- Stock or aftermarker air filter. ? If aftermarket, which one ?
- Stock or aftermarket airbox lid ? If aftermarket, which one ?
- Have the map values been input manually or by using an autotune feature ?
- List any other modifications to your engine.
- Is this map for fuel only, or fuel & ignition ?
- Your impression of the performance you found using this map, like "Pulls strongly from low revs through midrange" or "Good for track use but not really for the street".

4).. Maps should be compressed (zipped-up) & attached to your post so they can be easily downloaded by other forum members.

Thanks

Regards,

Phil.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KTM 390 Duke (white of course), Skyteam ACE 125 and a '72 Suzuki GP125 Cafe Racer project bike.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Mariner is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 Old 01-05-2016, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
The Mariner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 623
(Thread Starter)
OK, I'll start. This map was originally shared on the RC390 Forum.

- Assuming the OP was from NA, I'll say 2015 RC.
- Assume U.S.A.
- Unknown fuel.
- Stock exhaust
- K&N air filter.
- Stock airbox lid but modified.
- Autotune.
- Doesn't sound like any other mods done.
- Fuel & ignition.
- Comment was "This map ran on 2 RC 390s with same mods and the power increase was immediately noticeable. Lap times prove this as well."
Attached Files
File Type: zip Stock Exhaust Air Box Mod KN Filter AUTOTUNE.zip (956 Bytes, 250 views)
Bender and Ubik like this.

Regards,

Phil.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KTM 390 Duke (white of course), Skyteam ACE 125 and a '72 Suzuki GP125 Cafe Racer project bike.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Mariner is online now  
post #3 of 13 Old 06-25-2016, 09:59 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1
Thanks for the map above! Based mine off it and had to make a few adjustments. I've got the WBC2 as well, so I've compared the changes I've made vs the WBC trims, and they're close!

- Sydney, AU - 2015 RC.
- Shell 91 (NOT E10, used 95 if 91 without E10 wasn't available).
- Stock exhaust
- K&N air filter.
- MNNTHBX Airbox cover
- Autotune.
- Fuel & ignition.

After the changes in this map there's a huge amount of difference in the pull between 5000 - 7,500 at between 60% - 90% throttle, it was WAY too lean before hand.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 250616 map.zip (749 Bytes, 197 views)
cowelele is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 Old 01-13-2017, 05:36 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Bremerton, WA
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowelele View Post
Thanks for the map above! Based mine off it and had to make a few adjustments. I've got the WBC2 as well, so I've compared the changes I've made vs the WBC trims, and they're close!

- Sydney, AU - 2015 RC.
- Shell 91 (NOT E10, used 95 if 91 without E10 wasn't available).
- Stock exhaust
- K&N air filter.
- MNNTHBX Airbox cover
- Autotune.
- Fuel & ignition.

After the changes in this map there's a huge amount of difference in the pull between 5000 - 7,500 at between 60% - 90% throttle, it was WAY too lean before hand.

This map is super solid, I'm really liking it! Only thing I tweaked, I added 3 in every block from 2000 to 10000. That makes it less jerky when you dump the throttle.
PNWduke is offline  
post #5 of 13 Old 04-10-2017, 10:38 PM
Senior Member
 
CDN Duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posts: 472
Two PCV maps from Ben at Competition Werkes.

Stock ECU (NON-Akra)
Competition Werkes exhaust

One with stock airbox, one with open.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dyno Run - Stock%2c Werkes with PCV%2c Airbox Mod (1).PNG
Views:	35
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	35330  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Werkes Slipon - Stock Airbox.pvm.zip (1.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: zip Werkes Slipon - Airbox Mod.pvm.zip (1.6 KB, 24 views)
bahawton and Lessthen3ee like this.

2016 Duke 390
2001 Buell Blast
2005 Subaru Legacy BP 2.5i Wagon
Past Bikes - 1988 Yamaha YSR50, 1988 Yamaha FZ600, 1981 Honda XL500, 1983 Yamaha XT250, 1983 Honda NX250, 1983 Honda GB250 Clubman, 1993 Aprilia Climber 280, 1984 Yamaha SRX400
CDN Duke is online now  
post #6 of 13 Old 04-11-2017, 10:48 AM
Senior Member
 
bahawton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Renton, WA, USA
Posts: 515
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN Duke View Post
Two PCV maps from Ben at Competition Werkes.

Stock ECU (NON-Akra)
Competition Werkes exhaust

One with stock airbox, one with open.
Is the dyno chart comparing a bone stock bike to one with an open air box & Werkes pipe or is it the before & after comparison of tuning a bike with an open air box & Werkes pipe?
bahawton is online now  
post #7 of 13 Old 04-11-2017, 12:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahawton View Post
Is the dyno chart comparing a bone stock bike to one with an open air box & Werkes pipe or is it the before & after comparison of tuning a bike with an open air box & Werkes pipe?
Had the exact same question! :P

Also what is the searched for AFR target? I've read its around 13.5-13.7. Excuse me if it looks like I have no idea what I'm talking about, because I don't, still learning!
bahawton likes this.
Lessthen3ee is online now  
post #8 of 13 Old 04-11-2017, 12:24 PM
Senior Member
 
bahawton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Renton, WA, USA
Posts: 515
Garage
Most of the best tuners don't necessarily use AFR targets. They tune for optimal power/torque which can range from 12.8- 13.2 based on what I've seen on the dyno maps that show the most consistent power gains. For those of us using autotune instead of a dyno, we can plug in AFR values from the most successful dyno charts and get similar results.
Lessthen3ee likes this.
bahawton is online now  
post #9 of 13 Old 04-11-2017, 12:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahawton View Post
Most of the best tuners don't necessarily use AFR targets. They tune for optimal power/torque which can range from 12.8- 13.2 based on what I've seen on the dyno maps that show the most consistent power gains. For those of us using autotune instead of a dyno, we can plug in AFR values from the most successful dyno charts and get similar results.
Oh I seeeeee! So just looking at the maps just posted before (or the charts I guess). Is the AFR (I'm assuming its the flat line on the bottom graph) a little too lean in some areas? Its up around 14, or is that cool? Still learning!! :P hahah.

Cheers for the explanation though man!
bahawton likes this.
Lessthen3ee is online now  
post #10 of 13 Old 04-11-2017, 01:05 PM
Senior Member
 
bahawton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Renton, WA, USA
Posts: 515
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessthen3ee View Post
Oh I seeeeee! So just looking at the maps just posted before (or the charts I guess). Is the AFR (I'm assuming its the flat line on the bottom graph) a little too lean in some areas? Its up around 14, or is that cool? Still learning!! :P hahah.

Cheers for the explanation though man!
You are looking at the correct line for AFRs on the chart and I think this particular chart is a little leaner than most but I'm only basing this on observations and my experience (I'm no expert).
Lessthen3ee likes this.
bahawton is online now  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome