ECU mapping? - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 Old 06-18-2014, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Unhappy ECU mapping?

hi everyone, just hoping for some insight into ecu mapping for the 390.
i have the akrapovic pipe and k&n high flow air filter and have seen mixed reviews whether ktm offers different engine maps for the 390. i called ktm Australia head quarters and talked to someone there who said they dont have any performance maps but have seen reviews from other people saying they have seen first hand different maps being put onto their bike..
what i have been told however is the ecu will do its thing with air/fuel mix up until a point.. after that the ecu needs to be 'flashed' (reset) and it can sort its self out even more..

let me know any details anyone has.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 06-18-2014, 03:53 PM

Hi sharma64, I a have been told by my KTM dealer that they will be loading a new map to my 390 after they installed the Akra. There are a few different stories on this, like you mentioned some forums say that the bike only have to idle for 10min and others say that they loads new maps.

If I go off my car experience they have to load a new map. The motor doesn't just adjust itself. I might be wrong but I that's how I know it.
post #3 of 28 Old 06-18-2014, 04:27 PM

get a Power Commander and fiddle with them on demand. Phil's got a bunch of maps he made himself, or you could opt for the autotune feature... Helps if ever you wanted to make further changes...
philcuore likes this.

post #4 of 28 Old 07-02-2014, 01:51 AM

Hi guys,

Is there anymore word on this???

I have just put a Arrow Exhaust and K&N Air Filter on my 390 and want to remap the ECU. Preferably I would like the stock ECU just to be re-mapped?

Dose anyone know if KTM can do this???

Thanks
post #5 of 28 Old 07-02-2014, 04:32 AM

Some say they can others say they cant, who knows! I just tune my own through Powertronic. Ive just done some things and done a 15min idle reset, since that the bike has started acting even nicer and "I think" Ive removed my flat spot at 8000rpm as well.
Tricki likes this.
post #6 of 28 Old 07-02-2014, 04:46 AM

how too do The reset?
post #7 of 28 Old 07-02-2014, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holzapfel View Post
how too do The reset?
Start the bike, dont touch the throttle for 15mins while it idles then turn it off. Ive heard 10 minutes quoted but all of the other Dukes require 15 so thats what I use.
This only needs to be done if you have made any adjustments like exhaust, filter tuner.
post #8 of 28 Old 07-15-2014, 08:04 PM

Right...so after calling a lot of people about this I have found out that the only map available for download is the one you get when you buy the Akrapovic Pipe which gives +5HP. However what I dont know is if this is some sort of code with the pipe or a KTM service agent can just do it when they put the pipe on.

I have a Arrow on mine but I want the map download and of course are happy to purchase the map as extra. Has anyone brought a Akrapovic with the map and knows how this works????
post #9 of 28 Old 07-15-2014, 08:33 PM

Also can someone please tell me what the difference between the Akrapovic slip-on and full system is? Is it simply that with the full system you also get the pipe that goes to the head as well? If it is I dont see much of a difference over the stock pipe from the head and no wonder the full Akra system is a ridiculous price as that will all be titanium.

I know the Akra slip-on retains the cat but where is this located? I'm guessing it is in the canister that sits in the swingarm area? Dose the Akra full system retain this canister?

My Arrow came with the Muffler and connecting pipe (with canister) that goes to the headder pipe, however the cat is extra so im not sure where is goes. Maybe in the section where the muffler goes on?

Last edited by hardridding; 07-15-2014 at 08:35 PM.
post #10 of 28 Old 07-15-2014, 11:56 PM

The akra comes with the link pipe not header, so its the same as what you got for the arrow except Akra have the big canister.
The arrow CAT slides into the pipe from the link to the slip on.

You can buy any slip on but you will still need either Akra's or Arrow's link pipe.

Map can only be uploaded by KTM as its a preset ECU adjustment.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page