Side stand - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 55 Old 08-08-2015, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Side stand

Hey gang, heads up.
I was putting my new levers on the other night and when I went to test ride it, I noticed the side stand was falling off.
Wifey had just got back from a ride and hadn't noticed it , but she is still new to riding and is focused on other things, so no biggie.
Anyhoo, two 14mm bolts hold it on, and you cannot get them all the way out as the cat is in the way.
I backed the rear one out as far as I could and squeezed some locktite on the exposed threads and cranked them both back in.
Not sure if this is an issue with all, or just assembly on mine. There is no lock washer or locktite on them from the factory, which is surprising, so you may just want to double check yours
easyrider, pyxie and jathomas437 like this.

2015 Speedy White one.
Mods: Bazzaz piggyback, MNNTHBX open airbox, K & N air filter, Werkes exhaust, R6 rear shock, PowerParts seats, G6 quick turn throttle, Spal fan, EI conversion, cheapo bar end mirrors and levers, Evotech tail tidy, Evotech spols and bobbins, R&G radiator guard, PowerParts chain guard, EBC HH pads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 Old 08-08-2015, 08:47 AM

Garage
Oh Boy, here we go again...
post #3 of 55 Old 08-08-2015, 08:55 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to rideontt
Wink keep it checked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
Hey gang, heads up.
I was putting my new levers on the other night and when I went to test ride it, I noticed the side stand was falling off.
Wifey had just got back from a ride and hadn't noticed it , but she is still new to riding and is focused on other things, so no biggie.
Anyhoo, two 14mm bolts hold it on, and you cannot get them all the way out as the cat is in the way.
I backed the rear one out as far as I could and squeezed some locktite on the exposed threads and cranked them both back in.
Not sure if this is an issue with all, or just assembly on mine. There is no lock washer or locktite on them from the factory, which is surprising, so you may just want to double check yours

This is a common problem.. Just tighten them up...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Travel N Fun

PJ

post #4 of 55 Old 08-09-2015, 12:14 AM

Hi Hoover,

Thanks for the heads-up. I just checked my side stand bolts & they are tight-as-buggery so hopefully yours was an isolated case.

Regards,

Phil.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KTM 390 Duke (white of course), Skyteam ACE 125 and a '72 Suzuki GP125 Cafe Racer project bike.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
post #5 of 55 Old 08-09-2015, 08:48 AM

Thread lock FTW!
post #6 of 55 Old 08-10-2015, 11:30 AM

This just happened on mine this weekend. One bolt is actually missing! Anyone know the exact size of the bolts on a 2015? Looks like the 2014 manual calls for two stainless steel "HH COLLAR SCREW M10X1X25"
post #7 of 55 Old 08-10-2015, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkaylor View Post
This just happened on mine this weekend. One bolt is actually missing! Anyone know the exact size of the bolts on a 2015? Looks like the 2014 manual calls for two stainless steel "HH COLLAR SCREW M10X1X25"
It will be the same as the 14. Was it the front one?

2015 Speedy White one.
Mods: Bazzaz piggyback, MNNTHBX open airbox, K & N air filter, Werkes exhaust, R6 rear shock, PowerParts seats, G6 quick turn throttle, Spal fan, EI conversion, cheapo bar end mirrors and levers, Evotech tail tidy, Evotech spols and bobbins, R&G radiator guard, PowerParts chain guard, EBC HH pads.
post #8 of 55 Old 08-10-2015, 12:42 PM

Yeah, the front one is missing. The rear one was incredibly loose.
post #9 of 55 Old 08-10-2015, 01:29 PM

Location: Murrysville, PA, USA. A pleasant, wooded suburb of Pittsburgh.
The 2015 manual (haven't you gotten one yet?) lists the side stand bracket bolts ("screws", it calls all bolts) as M10x1.25. Also says they should be secured with Locktite 243 (blue).
Hoover likes this.

Cheers, Will

"If you don't know where you're going, you might wind up somewhere else."
--Yogi Berra

2015 390 Duke
1980 Moto Guzzi V50 II (becoming a cafe racer)
1984 Moto Guzzi SP 1000
post #10 of 55 Old 08-10-2015, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diploman View Post
The 2015 manual (haven't you gotten one yet?) lists the side stand bracket bolts ("screws", it calls all bolts) as M10x1.25. Also says they should be secured with Locktite 243 (blue).
They should practice what they preach. No Locktite on mine. Is now though
Diploman likes this.

2015 Speedy White one.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page