KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

ktm duke 125 starting problem !!

13K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  26249 
#1 ·
hey
i have duke 125 -2011
to was working fine as i was driving on the highway then the engin just shut's off .
after ispecting the sparkplug - the battery - and fuel
i found out i have bad fuel in the tank and the fuel going to the injector head
black color . i opend the fuel tank and cleand the tank and the pump's filter
i checked that the injector dos have fuel flow (after cleaning it)
i filled it up with new fuel . but still it will not start .

i tride to pushstart it . the engin have combustion
but the mixture is poping out the manifold pipe(air intake)
but not starting. any adivce?

#2 ·
OBD diagnostic test. If there is fault, post the fault code here so i can tell you what to do.

if there is no fault code and assuming that you have tested the injector in a flow tester (did you?), and assuming that you had bad fuel (how exaclty you understood that it was bad?), then probably you sould check the fuel pump function. Do you hear the fuel pump noise after turning on the key? If yes you sould check the pressure of fuel pump by using special equipment that only in a repair shop you will find.

before checking the fuel pump take out the spark plug, connect it with the spark wire, touch the spark plug with a bike's ground (ie engine) and crank the engine. Do you see a blue spark? If not than its an electrical problem and you have to ask for an expert's opinion.

#3 ·
i took apart the fuel tank and the pump - the filter bag contained a black colored material (very fine grain black powder ) you can see it in the fuel filter too and
the fuel smells funny simuler to cleaning agent.

i extracted the matirial by passing clean fuel throo the filter and dark color fuel was coming on the other side .
after i let the black fuel sit for 2-3 days in a bottle i was able to see the powder resting at the bottom and the fuel color that was yellow insted of clear light green.

i tested the parts by disconnecting them and powering them up with external power sorce of 12 volts.
i do not have an OBD tester software/tool .

wen i crank the engine.
i can hear and feel poping/ explotions from combustion coning up the air intake. once every 2-4 seconds.
as if the air intake valve is open during the combustion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.