My SW-Motech Crash Bars review - Page 2 - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 Old 05-15-2016, 01:25 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Their stuff sure seems well designed and fabricated!
They are, but they ruin it right at the very end with the stickers they put on. They aren't curved to fit the tube very well, but thankfully they are very easily removed

Regards,

Phil.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KTM 390 Duke (white of course), Skyteam ACE 125 and a '72 Suzuki GP125 Cafe Racer project bike.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 Old 05-17-2016, 10:57 PM

Garage
So, here the success story. Second attempt was a no go.

Third attempt...

I started the bike and waited until I got nearly full bars on the temp guage and the AUX fan came on. I turned of the bike, was mindful of the hot exhaust and main bolt came off like butter. It was very easy to get off. It appears that a very small amount of loctite is used.

That does the trick.

Hot tip: If it won't come off, warm up the engine first and try again. Don't strip the bolt or ruin your tools.

Good luck!
Diploman likes this.
post #13 of 13 Old 05-18-2016, 05:55 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mariner View Post
They are, but they ruin it right at the very end with the stickers they put on. They aren't curved to fit the tube very well, but thankfully they are very easily removed
I like the stickers on mine and consider their contouring to be entirely satisfactory. Perhaps yours were fitted by the 16 year old apprentice

I have both the SW M crash bars and rack. Quality, design, fit , finish, instructions, packaging and value all very good in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBog390 View Post
So, here the success story. Second attempt was a no go.

Third attempt...

I started the bike and waited until I got nearly full bars on the temp guage and the AUX fan came on. I turned of the bike, was mindful of the hot exhaust and main bolt came off like butter. It was very easy to get off. It appears that a very small amount of loctite is used.

That does the trick.

Hot tip: If it won't come off, warm up the engine first and try again. Don't strip the bolt or ruin your tools.

Good luck!
A nicely elegant solution !

Don't know if I would have thought of that, probably would have just reached for my propane heat gun.

Less is more - You can only use 150hp .001% of the time, but you can use 150kg 100% of the time ...........

2015 390 Duke / 2001 KTM 640 Duke2 (awaiting carb rebuild) / 1998 Bandit 1200 (half dead) / 1994 DR350 (in bits)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page