First ride - Plenty of questions - KTM Duke 390 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 09-06-2016, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
First ride - Plenty of questions

Hey all, so I probably should have said g'day in the introductions sections, but G'day!

Question 1 - who rides this bike? I'm 42 and have been riding a Yamaha FZ6S for about 6 years. Mainly for commuting. Love the screen, top box, heaps of power to cruise and overtake comfortably without having to drop down gears. So now, I don't need to commute, so was thinking of this little beauty for weekend pleasures. Will I be disappointed by the lack of power coming from a 600?

I unfortunately couldn't ride the 390 hard or very well. It had 3 km on it, brand new tyres obviously, so was told by the dealer to take it easy, don't rev it too much. I only got it up to about 7000rpm a couple of times.

Question 2 - what is the 'redline' on these. I assume the shift light is adjustable because 7000 didn't seem to be giving it much at all?

I wouldn't call myself a great rider either, so wasn't confident enough to lean it over and explore it's limits with brand new tyres.

So my plan is now to go back in a week or two when more people have ridden it, and scrubbed in the tyres for me, then I guess I'll have a better idea about its ride ability and performance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-06-2016, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Its a good bike, the fun mostly starts at 7,000rpm. The shift light is set there because its still being broken in. Your dealer doesn't want you to dump it, because paperwork and insurance premiums.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-07-2016, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesmeo View Post
Hey all, so I probably should have said g'day in the introductions sections, but G'day!

Question 1 - who rides this bike?

Question 2 - what is the 'redline' on these. I assume the shift light is adjustable because 7000 didn't seem to be giving it much at all?
1. Every one that wants to have a fun to ride and economical to use bike, that can be ridden mostly at all terrains. With stock tires you can hit most dry fire roads, and with a 50-50 tire, even wet fire roads or mud.

2. Rev limit is at 10.500 but can easily rev until 12.000 with the right ecu unit or remap.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page