Bajaj to export KTM Suke 200/390 motorcycles to China - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 Old 03-25-2014, 03:20 PM

(Thread Starter)
Bajaj to export KTM Suke 200/390 motorcycles to China

Baja is facing slowing sales in India, so it is looking to export markets to help tem out. Bajaj is going to export KTM Duke 200 and 390 bikes to China, which has a great motorcycle market.

First Baja will release the Duke 390 followed by the Duke 200. Initially Bajaj will export 9,000 bikes a month to China. In just a year, Bajaj plans to increase this number by 10 fold!

So all this is great news for people in China, and should do well for KTM/Bajaj's profits.

Bajaj Auto to export made-in-India KTM Duke 200 and 390 to China - Indian Cars Bikes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-25-2014, 03:38 PM

I wonder how the Chinese feel about getting indian made bikes
#3 Old 03-25-2014, 04:37 PM

1 thing come to my MIND ... though shall see ALOT of IMITATION POWERPARTS all over ebay and taobao ...etc....etc....etc .....

not that im prejudice ... but this is a fact ... u guys can continue to comment below ...
#4 Old 03-27-2014, 01:12 PM

(Thread Starter)
I don't see why the Chinese would not like Indian made bikes. Is there something I don't know that would make the Chinese not like Indian made bikes?

KTM isn't even Indian owned in the end, it is Austrian. I don't think that the CHinese have anything against Austria.
#5 Old 03-27-2014, 01:44 PM

There's a heck of a lot of Chinese bike companies in China... I don't really see this as a long term export market for any foreign company.
#6 Old 03-28-2014, 11:39 AM

china just doesnt like import because of the taxes

its cheaper if they make it themselves
#7 Old 03-28-2014, 04:10 PM

There must be some of the elite Chinese that have the money and want to spend the money on a foreign bike. It gives them exclusivity and for many rich Chinese people I feel that the more money that the product costs, the more they want to buy it.
#8 Old 03-28-2014, 04:47 PM

I think what this really is, is a precursor to Bajaj setting up shop in the chinese market for the chinese market perhaps. Well maybe not even for just the chinese market. But if they can establish a foothold in China and establish a firm manufacturing base I'm betting we stop seeing global KTM's coming out of India and instead they all start coming out of China.

Suzuki is already trying this with the world marke, selling their chinese made GW250 into the world market...
B7ACKTHORN likes this.
#9 Old 03-29-2014, 07:51 PM

I heard the GW250 is doing okay with sales, not a bike I would buy but their way of reaching more people is what other brands need to do
#10 Old 04-18-2014, 04:42 AM
Sid

Not wanting to start a controversy but I did read that there are quite a few imitations floating around in China already- inluding the KTM and BMW. So not sure how good the Bajaj move is..

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page