2017 in white :) - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Voldo Taki

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 04-07-2017, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
2017 in white :)

I sure hope KTM brings the white version to North America!

A quick walk around video from India:

https://youtu.be/oPKudPBbFxw

Seems like the Indian version gets rear hugger and hand guards!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-07-2017, 04:58 PM

I can confirm the white is coming to Canada 100%. When I ordered mine I had a choice of white or orange. I went orange....but looking at the white maybe I made the wrong choice!

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 9 Old 04-07-2017, 08:04 PM

Mmm, I feel like the white has a bit too much of every colour personally. I know with both models, they all feature the colours orange, white, and black. But the white one seems to have some weird colour choices for particular parts of the bike. For example, the headlight is black on the white version, but orange on the orange version. Granted, it would probably look just as weird with a white headlight and black centre strip on the tank, so perhaps a white headlight and white tank would look better?

However, then you'd have an almost completely white bike, but still! Or I personally would do the white headlight, white tank and then the plastic fair pieces either side of the tank, swap them for the same ones seen on the orange and black version. I think that would be the best! But very nice to see them offering a second colour as opposed to just one!

post #4 of 9 Old 04-07-2017, 08:12 PM

The bike for sure will come in white in the US. As I understand it, internationally (outside of India) has both options, India recently announcing they will release a few in limited availability as well. In Michigan I had the option when I put in my order. From the sounds of local dealers expected allocations white won't be as common and why I'm hoping my white one comes on the first truck!
post #5 of 9 Old 04-08-2017, 05:55 PM

At first, l did not like the 17s at all. But now that the shock has worn off, l think l like it better than the 15/16. The 15, that l had, had stripes going everywhere. The new one has a tac that you can actually see. I like the rear subframe of the new one better, also. All in all, it is a nice upgrade.

My 08 Super Duke, that l thought would never age, is starting to look a bit dated.
post #6 of 9 Old 04-10-2017, 03:08 PM

Nope, don't care that much for it. A bit too "star-shippy" for me. Still a cracking bike, but I do prefer the 15/16.
Interesting choice in tires. Instead of the Rosso's, they've put Metzler M5's on it. Great tire, I had them on my 8, however, they are obsolete. They were replaced by the M7's last year. Wonder why they did that.

2015 Speedy White one.
Mods: Bazzaz piggyback, MNNTHBX open airbox, K & N air filter, Werkes exhaust, R6 rear shock, PowerParts seats, G6 quick turn throttle, Spal fan, EI conversion, cheapo bar end mirrors and levers, Evotech tail tidy, Evotech spols and bobbins, R&G radiator guard, PowerParts chain guard, EBC HH pads.

Last edited by Hoover; 04-10-2017 at 03:15 PM.
post #7 of 9 Old 04-10-2017, 11:22 PM

Garage
2016 came with M5s, but the 2017 comes with H-rated M5. Cost savings I would say.

2016 Duke 390 - Lowered 45mm F&R with T-Rex Racing link and kickstand, YSS MZ506 rear shock, RC390 fork springs & custom spacers, PCV tuned by Chad, The Mariner 3D airbox lid, K&N filter, Werkes pipe, 16T sprocket, 320mm Galfer rotor and HH pads, XHP50 LED headlight, Vizi-tec SupaBrake II, Renthal grips with HeatDemon heaters, 'KTM' lever guards, Ride It Moto levers, eBay axle sliders, rear spools and rearsets, Ninja 250 short shift kit, DIY tail tidy, HD radiator, F&R shock guards, OBD2 dongle
post #8 of 9 Old 06-17-2017, 08:23 PM

The new '17s look so nice. That white is so clean looking, too. KTM is killing it!
post #9 of 9 Old 06-18-2017, 10:18 AM

White is faster!
varroa and 390DukeBraaap1 like this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page