New member and owner of KTM Twins! - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 12-16-2016, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Cool New member and owner of KTM Twins!

Hey everybody!

My name is Eli and I'm new here. Huge fan of the 390, and am staring at one beauty in the garage as I type this.

I'm also the owner of KTMTwins.com a site for all sorts of really cool parts and accessories for the 390's and other KTM's (oh and free shipping).

I'll be on here contributing to conversations about neat builds, tips and tricks, and of course if you ever need to reach me, I'll be here for that too!

Also, if you guys ever have any ideas to make Twins the best community resource for you guys, shoot me a note, I'm here for ya!

Cheers!
Eli
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 12-16-2016, 04:41 PM

Garage
Welcome to the forum Eli , looking forward to see posts with great offers / discounts
post #3 of 20 Old 12-17-2016, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyslippers View Post
Hey everybody!

My name is Eli and I'm new here. Huge fan of the 390, and am staring at one beauty in the garage as I type this.

I'm also the owner of KTMTwins.com a site for all sorts of really cool parts and accessories for the 390's and other KTM's (oh and free shipping).

I'll be on here contributing to conversations about neat builds, tips and tricks, and of course if you ever need to reach me, I'll be here for that too!

Also, if you guys ever have any ideas to make Twins the best community resource for you guys, shoot me a note, I'm here for ya!

Cheers!
Eli
That free shipping is worldwide I take it?

post #4 of 20 Old 12-17-2016, 10:35 AM

Location: Murrysville, PA, USA. A pleasant, wooded suburb of Pittsburgh.
Welcome to the forum, Eli! And congratulations on owning a 390, which many of us here feel is the most two-wheeled fun for the money on the market. Do you plan to ride this bike personally, or just use it as a demo for parts/accessories?

I have often visited KTMTwins.com, and have been impressed with the site's extensive offerings for both KTM twins and SINGLES! Well done! A good place for Duke owners to shop, indeed.

In this vein, you should know that forum members are very partial to giving their business to vendors who extend sponsorship to the forum. You might want to consider becoming a sponsor.

We look forward to hearing from you on new products, sales, discounts advice and tips, as well as your personal experiences as a Duke owner.

Cheers, Will

"If you don't know where you're going, you might wind up somewhere else."
--Yogi Berra

2015 390 Duke
1980 Moto Guzzi V50 II (becoming a cafe racer)
1984 Moto Guzzi SP 1000
post #5 of 20 Old 12-19-2016, 02:28 PM

Location: Nilgiris - Where everything is in a relaxed state of tune!
Sticky forum, insightful members, lots to learn, welcome to the forum, Eli.

Cheers!
V

Fool me once - Shame on you
Fool me twice - I'll kick your @rse

Honda CBR 250R ABS | Suzuki Shogun 2S | Hyundai Accent GLS 1.6 ABS | KTM Duke 390 | Next ?
post #6 of 20 Old 12-19-2016, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diploman View Post
Welcome to the forum, Eli! And congratulations on owning a 390, which many of us here feel is the most two-wheeled fun for the money on the market. Do you plan to ride this bike personally, or just use it as a demo for parts/accessories?

I have often visited KTMTwins.com, and have been impressed with the site's extensive offerings for both KTM twins and SINGLES! Well done! A good place for Duke owners to shop, indeed.

In this vein, you should know that forum members are very partial to giving their business to vendors who extend sponsorship to the forum. You might want to consider becoming a sponsor.

We look forward to hearing from you on new products, sales, discounts advice and tips, as well as your personal experiences as a Duke owner.
Hey Will! I actually have some big plans for this 390 - I was just going to build it up on my own, but then got to thinking it would be fun to "crowd source" the ultimate 390 build. Still kicking the idea around, but I'd basically ask all of you to help choose which parts we put on, by popular vote, and build the ultimate 390 together. For fun. Would love to hear what you think - I'd love the help of a senior forum member to point me in the right direction (like where to start a build thread like this) etc And since its still just an idea, totally open to suggestions!

As far as specials are concerned, we're running free shipping (in the US) through the new year, and I'll keep everyone updated if we roll out any other forum perks. Speaking of cool parts, we actually just got in the Yoyodyne 390 Slipper Clutch, which we're all pretty excited about here at the shop.

Re: supporting the forum, I think sponsorship is a great idea. I've reached out to see what the options look like.

Cheers!
Eli
Diploman likes this.
post #7 of 20 Old 12-19-2016, 08:00 PM

Eli, Thank you for your very positive response! You have some great ideas with which the forum can have some educational and entertaining fun... Give me a day or two to contemplate and I will get back to you with some suggestions. Given that this is a quintessentially global forum, we will need a broadly-based, international "consultative committee" to contribute ideas and recommendations for your build.

Back to you soon, Will

Cheers, Will

--Yogi Berra

2015 390 Duke
1984 Moto Guzzi SP 1000
post #8 of 20 Old 12-20-2016, 04:49 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyslippers View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Hey Will! I actually have some big plans for this 390 - I was just going to build it up on my own, but then got to thinking it would be fun to "crowd source" the ultimate 390 build. Still kicking the idea around, but I'd basically ask all of you to help choose which parts we put on, by popular vote, and build the ultimate 390 together. For fun. Would love to hear what you think - I'd love the help of a senior forum member to point me in the right direction (like where to start a build thread like this) etc And since its still just an idea, totally open to suggestions!

As far as specials are concerned, we're running free shipping (in the US) through the new year, and I'll keep everyone updated if we roll out any other forum perks. Speaking of cool parts, we actually just got in the Yoyodyne 390 Slipper Clutch, which we're all pretty excited about here at the shop.

Re: supporting the forum, I think sponsorship is a great idea. I've reached out to see what the options look like.

Cheers!
Eli
This sounds like a great idea , we could end up with an interesting looking bike if it's going to be build buy popular vote
post #9 of 20 Old 12-20-2016, 02:52 PM

Eli has come up with a very original idea that could be great fun for the forum and something to follow over time. He proposes to mod his Duke 390 according to the suggestions and priorities of the forum membership. How could we turn down a juicy project such as that? Once we get started, all posts regarding the Eli Build will need to be kept in a single thread, one that will likely become quite long.

I volunteer to act as the "Eli Build Coordinator", keeping track of ideas, suggestions, recommendations coming in from the membership, and keeping a tally of votes/endorsements for each recommended mod as a means of prioritizing them. In addition, there is an inherent hierarchy among mods: some are "Must Have", thus should of course be prioritized and accomplished first; others are "Nice To Have" and should come next; finally there are "Discretionary" mods reflecting strictly personal preference, at the lowest priority. And of course Eli, who will be financing The Build, will have the final say on mods for his bike.

I propose to categorize The Build into several main areas: 1. Chassis 2. Drive Train 3. Aesthetics 4. Utility/Luggage 5. Safety/Protection. Each of these will include sub-categories, to be detailed. I do not think this project wants to go in the direction of an extreme custom build, so major mods to engine or frame will not be recommended, staying mainly with available aftermarket parts and accessories readily accessible to forum members.

I propose a loosely-structured, informal "Build Consultative Committee" to bring forward ideas and recommendations, as well as to provide analysis, evaluation and commentary on suggested mods. Motorcycling experience, knowledge and wisdom acquired over time are of great value here, so ideally this informal committee would include as many interested Senior Members as possible, those who are active Forum participants. Mod suggestions from all Forum Members are, of course, strongly encouraged. Input from Forum members all over the globe will bring valuable perspective and variety to this entertaining project. In addition to offering opinions and commentary on proposed mods, members can/should express a vote for or against. I will endeavor to tally up these votes so Eli can receive the Forum's input in a rational manner.

These are my preliminary thoughts on how we should organize this project, which promises to result in a thoughtfully-modded Duke that members can emulate and from which we can learn. This should provide fun and an interesting, evolving focus over a long period of time. Let's have a good time with this!

Thoughts and suggestions from all are requested! I will work up a detailed breakdown of mod categories for subsequent posting in the Build Thread. Eli, hope this meets with your approval. Thanks!

Cheers, Will

--Yogi Berra

2015 390 Duke
1984 Moto Guzzi SP 1000
post #10 of 20 Old 12-20-2016, 05:15 PM

Garage
Knowing Will .... this will become the most expensive Duke 390 on earth !
Diploman likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page