US emissions 2017 390 duke - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 04-21-2017, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
US emissions 2017 390 duke

As I'm waiting to hear news of the US release of my 2017 duke I'm trying to dig as far thru the web as I can. As I am being told the bikes are being held up for emissions testing, I thought I'd take a look into the EPA and their annual certification data. Until this morning, their spreadsheet hasn't been updated since January, so I sifted thru the data sheet and could not find our 390. It appears they have tested most of ktm's motors but the 390 for some reason has yet to come thru. At this point, im starting to get frustrated missing 2 more months of the riding season for whatever reason they are being held up, with my money out there for a few months now holding my name to a bike. Ktm does not respond to emails nor do they EVER pick up the phone when calling every number to ktm usa offices. I'm starting to think ktm is not a brand I'd like to do business with if they provide such little information on new products and even less support for some of the issues I've been reading you guys having. I hate to say it but if there's no progress in the next week or 2, I may walk away..
varroa likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 04-21-2017, 11:12 AM

What does your dealer tell you? Sounds like 2015 all over again.
mejetski2000 likes this.

2015 Speedy White one.
Mods: Bazzaz piggyback, MNNTHBX open airbox, K & N air filter, Werkes exhaust, R6 rear shock, PowerParts seats, G6 quick turn throttle, Spal fan, EI conversion, cheapo bar end mirrors and levers, Evotech tail tidy, Evotech spols and bobbins, R&G radiator guard, PowerParts chain guard, EBC HH pads.
post #3 of 15 Old 04-21-2017, 11:26 AM

Same thing is happening in Australia. When they were first launched, dealers were told they'd be in showrooms here a week after india (middle of March). Now dealerships apparently aren't being told anything other that they are all held up at customs. No ETA, nothing. Seems like KTM has very little issue with not only not informing there customers, but not even informing the very people selling their bikes for them. Very odd..

post #4 of 15 Old 04-21-2017, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
At this point I'm starting to think we won't see our bikes till august..
post #5 of 15 Old 04-21-2017, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I just spent the last hour trying to get someone to pick up a phone at both Ohio and California ktm usa offices..as typical, they are too cheap to hire someone to answer phones..faith in the brand is slowly being diminished..
varroa likes this.
post #6 of 15 Old 04-27-2017, 05:52 PM

Local dealer here in Oregon says mid-march may call them to see if in stock 5036484555
post #7 of 15 Old 04-27-2017, 06:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_3703 View Post
Local dealer here in Oregon says mid-march may call them to see if in stock 5036484555

Uh hello! It's the end of April and nothing here in California so highly doubt Oregon would have any yet...by all means, if they do, please correct me! (y)

'16 KTM 390 Duke (WHITE)
Mods - Competition Werkes exhaust, Bazzaz, MNNTHBX intake cover w/ K&N, Evotech Performance tail tidy, ergo seat, pillion seat cover, touring windscreen, adjustable levers and KTM covers
post #8 of 15 Old 04-28-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 390DukeBraaap1 View Post
Uh hello! It's the end of April and nothing here in California so highly doubt Oregon would have any yet...by all means, if they do, please correct me! (y)
Cali gets them first as they ship in through Cali ports.
The 15's got stuck off shore because of a dock workers strike. Took mine a month to get from CA to WI.
390DukeBraaap1 likes this.

2015 Speedy White one.
Mods: Bazzaz piggyback, MNNTHBX open airbox, K & N air filter, Werkes exhaust, R6 rear shock, PowerParts seats, G6 quick turn throttle, Spal fan, EI conversion, cheapo bar end mirrors and levers, Evotech tail tidy, Evotech spols and bobbins, R&G radiator guard, PowerParts chain guard, EBC HH pads.
post #9 of 15 Old 04-28-2017, 09:37 AM

Location: Murrysville, PA, USA. A pleasant, wooded suburb of Pittsburgh.
I would be surprised if the 2017 390's are being held up for emissions testing in the US. The current administration in Washington seems to be dismantling as quickly as possible most of the environmental regulations put in place by previous administrations. Vehicle emissions would seem to be the very least of their concerns. I think the holdup must be related to some other issue - eg, LED lights or indicators, etc.
390DukeBraaap1 likes this.

Cheers, Will

"If you don't know where you're going, you might wind up somewhere else."
--Yogi Berra

2015 390 Duke
1980 Moto Guzzi V50 II (becoming a cafe racer)
1984 Moto Guzzi SP 1000
post #10 of 15 Old 04-28-2017, 11:35 AM

Garage
If it meets Euro 4 it will undoubtedly comply with 50 state certification. For reasons Will pointed out it's likely to take a bit of time, that's all. Like most of us it took time to find a dealer that actually had the bikes on the floor back in 2015. Patience Grasshoppers...
Hoover and 390DukeBraaap1 like this.

Pete in Maine
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page