Brake & clutch levers - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 81 Old 04-17-2015, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Brake & clutch levers

Hi Everyone,

I'm on the hunt for a set of short, adjustable levers that actually FIT. I had seen loads of different Chinese ones on the WWW but elected to pay about double & bought some from an Australian supplier... thinking (hoping) they'd be better quality.

Wrong.

Good thing I decided to fit the easier clutch one first.

- They rattle up-and-down as much as the cheap chinese ones seem to do in the videos on YouTube, because they are 0.5mm thinner than stock.
- The hole for the pivot bolt is almost 1mm larger in diameter than stock.
- The pivot bolt hole is not even on the same centre position as the stock lever.

In short, they are 'as sloppy as a bucket of $hit' & are being returned.

Before I just start buying another brand in the hope they'll fit, has anyone found a brand that fits like they should ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Phil.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KTM 390 Duke (white of course), Skyteam ACE 125 and a '72 Suzuki GP125 Cafe Racer project bike.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 81 Old 04-17-2015, 11:37 PM

Any pics of the ones you bought?

When you say double how much did you pay & where did you get them? So others know not to buy the same ones
post #3 of 81 Old 04-17-2015, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
So others know not to buy the same ones.
I didn't want to name them before I gave them the chance to reply to my complaint, but I don't want others to have the same problems as I have found.

They are SD-R ones from SD-Racing Australia. Paid $99/pr off eBay.

They may have been an error in supply & they sent me the wrong ones, in which case I'll post accordingly here when I hear back from them.

Regards,

Phil.

KTM 390 Duke (white of course), Skyteam ACE 125 and a '72 Suzuki GP125 Cafe Racer project bike.

post #4 of 81 Old 04-18-2015, 12:01 AM

Yeah they are the exact same Chinese levers you find on ebay (for way less) except they have put a logo on them, Looks like they got a bad batch, How they rectify the problem is what the company should be judged on
This would be them>

KTM Duke 390 2013 2014 CNC Short Adjustable Brake Clutch Levers Black | eBay

I bought a cheap chinese set for $30AU delivered, I found the fit to be a little bit loose but it is just a matter tightening the brackets down just a little bit more & they are fine, Apart from that the pivot bolt hole is the correct size & in the correct positions, I really hate sloppy levers (& poorly setup controls), There is plenty of people out there that think it is normal to have huge up & down movement in the levers or simply dont care, Especially on dirt bikes, Might have to find some suitable large OD shims

These are the ones I bought>
CNC Adjustable Brake Clutch Levers FOR KTM Duke 125 200 390 2012 2013 Short NEW | eBay
post #5 of 81 Old 04-18-2015, 12:29 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Yes, that's them. I thought they looked like Chinese ones they just added a logo to, but hoped they maybe did a bit of quality control to weed-out the rubbish. Hopefully they are just a bad batch & in a couple of weeks I'll be posting how happy I am with the replacements.

I'm with you on the sloppy controls thing... there's no need for it.

I can shim to allow for thickness issues but hole size/location is not something I should have to fix. I'm a toolmaker & have access to what I need to do so, but I shouldn't have to.

Thanks for the link to yours. If I can't get the SD-R's sorted I'll get them.

Regards,

Phil.

post #6 of 81 Old 04-18-2015, 10:59 PM

are the stockers not adjustable?
post #7 of 81 Old 04-19-2015, 01:21 AM

No the stock levers dont have any adjustment at all, Not good for those with small or large hands, Some like the levers closer & other need the levers out further, The chinese levers allow some in & out adjustment for more comfort

Also using a 3mm allen key & an 8mm spanner you can tighten up the lever pivots on both of the chinese clutch & brake levers (Not the clutch & brake lever perch / bracket) & remove some of the up & down movement in this spot as well
post #8 of 81 Old 04-20-2015, 06:06 AM
GeO

Very happy with my pair I fitted. They have KTM branding on the front (although I doubt that they are powerparts - bough online from a shop located in Perth)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3403.JPG
Views:	1409
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	5521  

Faster and Faster untill the fear of death subsides.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 81 Old 04-20-2015, 06:55 AM

Certainly another set of re-branded chinese levers, How much & where did you get them from? Maybe handy for those in Perth to know
post #10 of 81 Old 04-20-2015, 07:16 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
My levers look 100% identical to GeO's... even down to the look of the screw heads & the machining marks.

Been in contact with the guys I bought mine from. In the first instance they said there had been a mix-up with deliveries & I might have someone else's order, then when I called the number I was given the chap I spoke to said the part number on the clutch lever is correct & I have to send photos or other evidence to show the difference between stock levers & the ones I was sent.

Regards,

Phil.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page