Riding in the rain - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 Old 11-15-2013, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Riding in the rain

I'll kick off this new section -- how many of you ride in the rain, and do you do anything different when you do? Protective gear, different tires, avoid it altogether?

Joe

Moderator, KTMDuke390Forum.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 11-18-2013, 11:34 AM

avoid it all together is the best bet

who likes being stuck outside in the pouring rain? it sucks.
SeanN likes this.
post #3 of 29 Old 11-19-2013, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

I got caught in the rain the past saturday. No waterproof gear full leathers and kevlar jeans. It was light at first but with a trvel distance of 14 miles I had a long ways to go so when it really poured I had to slow down to about half of the speed limit on the freeway.

Lets just say it isn't fun. I would avoid it all together.

Moderator, ktmduke390forum.com - The Internet's friendliest ktm duke 390 Forum!

post #4 of 29 Old 11-19-2013, 06:45 PM

I avoid it. Only time i ride in the rain is the rare chance when I get caught in it, i hate it, but it happens sometimes.
SeanN likes this.
post #5 of 29 Old 11-20-2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDan View Post
I got caught in the rain the past saturday. No waterproof gear full leathers and kevlar jeans. It was light at first but with a trvel distance of 14 miles I had a long ways to go so when it really poured I had to slow down to about half of the speed limit on the freeway.

Lets just say it isn't fun. I would avoid it all together.
noone likes getting soaked

and wet leather just doesnt dry or smell very good. plus the bike gets filthy once its dry
post #6 of 29 Old 11-20-2013, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeitout View Post
noone likes getting soaked

and wet leather just doesnt dry or smell very good. plus the bike gets filthy once its dry
Don't even remind me of the smell. I left the jacket to dry in the laundry room and sprayed a ton of fabreeze.

post #7 of 29 Old 11-20-2013, 06:20 PM

At least it won't be as bad as smelling someone's wet socks and wet feet
post #8 of 29 Old 11-26-2013, 12:50 PM

I don't think many people would choose to ride in the rain. The only time I can think of that I would choose to do so would be if it wasn't raining hard and it was a really hot day during the summer. If you get caught in rain, best of luck to you. My advice is to avoid it if you can.
post #9 of 29 Old 11-26-2013, 02:23 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to philcuore
I ride in the rain ... it never borders me at all, i wore the Alpinestar light nylon corduro air protective jacket with padding and it,s not waterproof and it drys off pretty easily and a pairs of khakis with Kali Knee guard.

Maybe it is due to the weather here and now it's the monsoon season and i hate to wear rain coat ... there is no 4 season here ... it's either sunny hot as **** 32~38*C or rainy days 28~30*c with average humidity of 85%

I use to ride to school .. college .. and Uni and travel back hometown every weekend (250km) in my Uni days ... rain or shine ... we ride ..

My brother used to comment about my biking behavior ... because i bought a car very late of age and he always teased me with ... with a car, u'l have a shelter under ur head .. with bike ... ur gonna get really wet ...i told him off ... I Ride With Pride ...

duh ... once a biker ... always a biker ...

I don't know why ... im a rain fetish i guess ... or maybe i'm born Asian ???
post #10 of 29 Old 11-26-2013, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcuore View Post
I ride in the rain ... it never borders me at all, i wore the Alpinestar light nylon corduro air protective jacket with padding and it,s not waterproof and it drys off pretty easily and a pairs of khakis with Kali Knee guard.

Maybe it is due to the weather here and now it's the monsoon season and i hate to wear rain coat ... there is no 4 season here ... it's either sunny hot as **** 32~38*C or rainy days 28~30*c with average humidity of 85%

I use to ride to school .. college .. and Uni and travel back hometown every weekend (250km) in my Uni days ... rain or shine ... we ride ..

My brother used to comment about my biking behavior ... because i bought a car very late of age and he always teased me with ... with a car, u'l have a shelter under ur head .. with bike ... ur gonna get really wet ...i told him off ... I Ride With Pride ...

duh ... once a biker ... always a biker ...

I don't know why ... im a rain fetish i guess ... or maybe i'm born Asian ???
Not all of us can say we enjoy riding in the rain if anythign it freaks out most of us especially when it really starts coming down. My guess is your average speed is not as high compared to ours so riding at low speed is easier to deal with but once you reach up to 70+ mph it's pretty scary.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page