• 1 Post By B7ACKTHORN
  • 1 Post By Strykar

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 09-16-2014, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

(Thread Starter)
New Site Upgrade and Look Feedback Thread

Hello Everyone,

We're proud to announce that the new site look and feel has been completed for KTMDuke390Forum.com! Our designers and software engineers have been hard at work on this for several months. It's designed to modernize the site, make it easier to use, and to make it more attractive to new members and guests that visit .

The forum software we use, vBulletin, by default is not designed to be friendly to the eyes or to look modern. We went down to the nuts and bolts of the forum software and templates, and have done a ground up approach. There are several things you will notice now that the new design is live.

1) The site should be significantly faster.

We have applied every modern technique to speed up page load and tested with all modern browsers. We want the forum to be extremely fast and easy to use.

2) The site will work much better in mobile and tablet views

We've started applying responsive design, and have designed and tested against android and iPhone devices, Android tablets, and iPads. If you are sitting at your desk or on your couch, or just on your phone, the site will work much better than it did before, and load fast. We are still working on improving the experience even further in the months to come, but we wanted to launch this as quickly as we could.

3) The homepage is bright, crisp and clean.

We wanted the first page users saw to look beautiful, so that when a new guest arrives and is debating whether to join KTMDuke390Forum.com , they see a beautiful doorway, and they walk right in.

4) Garages will be featured on the site

You can show off your KTM Duke, You can post pictures in your garage and share it with others. Make sure you post up some images to share with the community at the link below.

KTM Duke 390 Forum - Garages

5) Users will be able to register with Facebook, Twitter or Google+

6) The side bar can be hidden in your user options.

Click on my profile / user cp at the top right.

- click on edit your details on the left.
- Look for Show Sidebar on Forum Pages under Additional Information.
- Click disable and save.

7) Another new great feature is the @Mention user plugin. You can tag members by simply using the @ symbol.

We hope you enjoy it, and if you have any questions on the design, please let us know, feedback is appreciated.

If there are any issues you see. Post them up here and we will get them worked out.

Thanks,
-Your KTMDuke390Forum.com Team.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-16-2014, 12:37 PM

Active topics layout is knackered, might want to have someone take a look at that.. @VS Jeff
nukem and VS Jeff like this.
post #3 of 9 Old 09-16-2014, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy mary View Post
Active topics layout is knackered, might want to have someone take a look at that.. @VS Jeff
Should be fixed now.

Anybody else have any questions?

Jeff

post #4 of 9 Old 09-17-2014, 02:30 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
I like the look of the full site, but on my iPhone I hate the mini-site, and clicking on Full Site doesn't give me the normal layout as on my PC. I'd much rather use the full site on my iPhone than the mini-site. Other than that, I like the new graphics and it does seem faster.
VS Jeff likes this.

Honda CBR400RR --> Suzuki Raider 150R --> Suzuki DR200SE --> KTM D390 with sauce
post #5 of 9 Old 09-17-2014, 10:27 AM

Location: Nilgiris - Where everything is in a relaxed state of tune!
Looks great too, thumbs up for the smiley setup. But I don't know if others face this issue too, I cam not able to open any notifications, upon clicking on "posts mentioned" or the like, I get an Error page, this is often the case, but sometime just sometimes it opens. Any clue as to why? This was the case both before and after the new site setup.

Cheers!
VJ
malJohann and VS Jeff like this.

Fool me once - Shame on you
Fool me twice - I'll kick your @rse

Honda CBR 250R ABS | Suzuki Shogun 2S | Hyundai Accent GLS 1.6 ABS | KTM Duke 390 | Next ?
post #6 of 9 Old 09-18-2014, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B7ACKTHORN View Post
Looks great too, thumbs up for the smiley setup. But I don't know if others face this issue too, I cam not able to open any notifications, upon clicking on "posts mentioned" or the like, I get an Error page, this is often the case, but sometime just sometimes it opens. Any clue as to why? This was the case both before and after the new site setup.
same here... before and after the new setup.

One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain... Hit me with music...
post #7 of 9 Old 09-18-2014, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B7ACKTHORN View Post

Cheers!
VJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory View Post
same here... before and after the new setup.
Thanks, on it. Standby for a fix.

Jeff
B7ACKTHORN likes this.
post #8 of 9 Old 09-19-2014, 01:20 PM

Location: Nilgiris - Where everything is in a relaxed state of tune!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VS Jeff View Post
Thanks, on it. Standby for a fix.

Jeff
VS Jeff, works perfectly fine now, hope the bug is cleared. You've made one guy happy!

Cheers!
VJ
VS Jeff likes this.

Fool me once - Shame on you
Fool me twice - I'll kick your @rse

Honda CBR 250R ABS | Suzuki Shogun 2S | Hyundai Accent GLS 1.6 ABS | KTM Duke 390 | Next ?
post #9 of 9 Old 12-07-2015, 07:29 AM

Garage
Looking good!
VS Jeff likes this.

1998 2-stroke 110cc Suzuki Shogun
2005 500cc Royal Enfield
2014 KTM Duke 390

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page