T-Rex frame sliders and engine covers. - KTM Duke 390 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 04-13-2016, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
T-Rex frame sliders and engine covers.

Sadly, the engine covers didn't fit. The company used an RC390, and it must be a little different. They are going to refund that portion of my money. They are also going to get a D390 into the shop and start again. They were very apologetic about it. The tech said they just assumed it would be the same.

The frame sliders went on very easily. PRO TIP: Put the pucks on the brackets first. The big test will be tomorrow, when I get the radiator cover on and start putting the tank fairing back on. Just eyeballing, it looks like it won't be a problem.

My garage makes me happy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Honda CT70
Honda Grom
KTM 390 Duke
Kawasaki KLR 250
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-13-2016, 05:10 PM

Garage
What a shame , they looked promising .
post #3 of 7 Old 11-26-2016, 05:33 AM

Bit of a zombi thread, but…..

I ordered the Genuine KTM alloy case protectors, from the power parts catalogue, and had the same problem. These were made for the RC, but someone at KTM added them to the Duke list as well, assuming they would fit.

When held up to the case there is a bolt hole bracket with no matching bolt on the Duke engine. The alternator covers are different as the wiring harness comes out on a different arc, depending on the engine.

post #4 of 7 Old 11-26-2016, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by threepot900 View Post
Bit of a zombi thread, butů..

I ordered the Genuine KTM alloy case protectors, from the power parts catalogue, and had the same problem. These were made for the RC, but someone at KTM added them to the Duke list as well, assuming they would fit.

When held up to the case there is a bolt hole bracket with no matching bolt on the Duke engine. The alternator covers are different as the wiring harness comes out on a different arc, depending on the engine.
That's disappointing to hear. I was thinking about getting a set of those.

My garage makes me happy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Honda CT70
Honda Grom
KTM 390 Duke
Kawasaki KLR 250
post #5 of 7 Old 11-26-2016, 10:52 AM

I've seen these on ebay and the TRex Racing website labelled separately for the duke and rc. Did they end up updating it for the duke or is it not going to fit if I buy it?
post #6 of 7 Old 11-26-2016, 01:25 PM

Location: Murrysville, PA, USA. A pleasant, wooded suburb of Pittsburgh.
On the RC forum there was some discussion of this problem. It turns out that KTM - unannounced - changed the design and dimensions of the stator case between the 2015-2016 model years. The T-Rex and other covers will fit the 2013-2015 models, but not the 2016 on the stator side. Strange.

Cheers, Will

"If you don't know where you're going, you might wind up somewhere else."
--Yogi Berra

2015 390 Duke
1980 Moto Guzzi V50 II (becoming a cafe racer)
1984 Moto Guzzi SP 1000
post #7 of 7 Old 11-26-2016, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diploman View Post
On the RC forum there was some discussion of this problem. It turns out that KTM - unannounced - changed the design and dimensions of the stator case between the 2015-2016 model years. The T-Rex and other covers will fit the 2013-2015 models, but not the 2016 on the stator side. Strange.
The TRex Racing website shows a separate listing for Duke 2015 and Duke 2016-2017.

RC390 Duke 390

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page