3Likes
  • 1 Post By Kinky
  • 2 Post By Hoover

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-25-2017, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Rear Left Turn Signal

If anyone has replaced their with an aftermarket one and has the factory one left over and would like to unload it cheap please let me know. Really just need the clear plastic cover over the bulb. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-25-2017, 02:31 PM

So- you have already found out, that the signal light is held on to the stem- via the cover. when U find one of your signal lights hanging down, (how did this happen- it didn't hit anything). Try to push it back into place- but U can't. The lens has to be removed first.- KTM should be telling us this.
Same thing- for the right hand mirror: I tried to remove my mirrors for dragging my bike up a narrow stairwell. (Try that with a Harley- or a Honda Goldwing). The left mirror came off okay. The right hand mirror. Trying to unscrew it- never happened. It felt like it was getting tighter. Not right- deal with it later.
Then on this forum- I learn that this mirror has a left-hand thread!?!Why on earth did they do that?
All I gotta say- is that this here forum, is critically important- to anybody who rides these machines! The information on here- is not gonna be found anywhere else. KTM should be financially supporting this here site! And I'll betcha that they are reading this- to find out how well their 390 Dukes are doing?
Haw!
390DukeBraaap1 likes this.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-25-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky View Post
So- you have already found out, that the signal light is held on to the stem- via the cover. when U find one of your signal lights hanging down, (how did this happen- it didn't hit anything). Try to push it back into place- but U can't. The lens has to be removed first.- KTM should be telling us this.
Same thing- for the right hand mirror: I tried to remove my mirrors for dragging my bike up a narrow stairwell. (Try that with a Harley- or a Honda Goldwing). The left mirror came off okay. The right hand mirror. Trying to unscrew it- never happened. It felt like it was getting tighter. Not right- deal with it later.
Then on this forum- I learn that this mirror has a left-hand thread!?!Why on earth did they do that?
All I gotta say- is that this here forum, is critically important- to anybody who rides these machines! The information on here- is not gonna be found anywhere else. KTM should be financially supporting this here site! And I'll betcha that they are reading this- to find out how well their 390 Dukes are doing?
Haw!
Very common. My SV, and every Yamaha I've owned does too. It's so they don't come lose with the wind.
KTMasean and 390DukeBraaap1 like this.

2015 Speedy White one.
Mods: Bazzaz piggyback, MNNTHBX open airbox, K & N air filter, Werkes exhaust, R6 rear shock, PowerParts seats, G6 quick turn throttle, Spal fan, EI conversion, cheapo bar end mirrors and levers, Evotech tail tidy, Evotech spols and bobbins, R&G radiator guard, PowerParts chain guard, EBC HH pads.

post #4 of 4 Old 04-25-2017, 03:49 PM

I stand corrected, (I can't remember the last time I ever had to take one off).

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page