Hand guards buying help please - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jako999

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 11-10-2019, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hand guards buying help please

Hi all.
I went for a ride on the bike the other day and had a great time but my hands were a bit cold so I am thinking of getting some of the hand guards for the odd ride out in the winter which Iím sure will be few and far apart.
I know there are the genuine ones but then there are lots on Amazon here in the UK are any of them a better deal? Any they worth fitting for a few colt rides out?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-10-2019, 07:13 PM

Been a ride out today with some cheap rechargeable heated gloves bought as an experiment off ebay . Surprise all round they actually worked had them on the lowest of three settings did about sixty miles . Tips of my fingers and thumb were a little cold , the cuffs where the batteries live are a tad bulky . Many years ago working as a labourer on Carsington reservoir I spent the winter commuting to work using handlebar muffs , some days travelling in the dark down as low as -20 never mind the chill factor . One day the foreman asked why no one was shovelling and encouraged us by picking up a shovel with his bare hands , couldn't put it down again as his hand instantly froze to the metal . Had to light fires under the diggers before they would start .
post #3 of 7 Old 11-11-2019, 06:37 AM

Garage
If you're trying to keep your hands warm, you need some Hippo Hands . Yes, they look stupid, but you'll be warm enough that you won't care.

2017 Duke 390

Only a motorcycle rider can understand why a dog sticks his head out of the window.

post #4 of 7 Old 11-11-2019, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks yes your correct about the looks but I bet they are warm a bit to extreme me thinks but thanks anyway 👍
Whiskey likes this.
post #5 of 7 Old 11-11-2019, 12:35 PM

Just buy cheapo ebay hand guards without holes and some winter gloves and you will be ok. Hippo hands is the best solution for long time highway travel

Sent from my ASUS_X00HD using Tapatalk
post #6 of 7 Old 11-12-2019, 06:43 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jako999 View Post
Thanks yes your correct about the looks but I bet they are warm a bit to extreme me thinks but thanks anyway 👍
Don't feel bad. I haven't been able to bring myself to buy them either.

2017 Duke 390

Only a motorcycle rider can understand why a dog sticks his head out of the window.
post #7 of 7 Old 11-15-2019, 05:26 PM

I had the KTM hand guards and they were OK but at speed they affected the stability, making the bike want to go into a weave.

I took them off and sold them.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page