Any new owners from the UK? - Page 2 - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 35 Old 08-24-2014, 02:03 AM

Garage
Hello from East Anglia

My wife told me to choose, her or the bike, I do miss her sometimes
My 390 Duke is in my Garage, click on it and take a look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 Old 09-07-2014, 09:17 AM

hello from the north east (newcatsle/gateshead)
post #13 of 35 Old 09-13-2014, 10:43 AM

Location: Nilgiris - Where everything is in a relaxed state of tune!
Vijay Anand from India.

Cheers!
VJ

Fool me once - Shame on you
Fool me twice - I'll kick your @rse

Honda CBR 250R ABS | Suzuki Shogun 2S | Hyundai Accent GLS 1.6 ABS | KTM Duke 390 | Next ?

post #14 of 35 Old 09-14-2014, 08:57 AM

Uk forum new member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostin3 View Post
just wandering if there are any guys on this forum from the uk that are riding a duke 390 on the road yet?
hi im in kent just ordered a 390 duke see my new member post user name benelli250/4 regards kevin
post #15 of 35 Old 09-14-2014, 03:31 PM
GWA

Also located in the UK (Tyne and Wear)

I have just bought a 390 which has had a lot of extras added, if anyone wants a seat hump and a headlight mask let me know as I have removed them. I may also sell the Akrapovic exhaust if I can get into the standard exhaust and butcher it, then weld it back up. I don't like the look/size of the Akrapovic. The standard "look" is much better I think.

Does anyone in the UK or elsewhere know of any suspension work to help matters? the stock front end is rubbish and the rear shock is not much better, although the rear is potentially an easy swap out fix.

Also, is everyone happy with the brakes? I think there terrible. Whether it is the ABS, I don't know, but they're not as good as think they should be. The master cylinder seems a tad on the small side for me. Next time I'm out I will turn off the ABS and see if that feels any better.

Apart from the above I like the bike.

Gaz...
post #16 of 35 Old 09-14-2014, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWA View Post
..if anyone wants a seat hump and a headlight mask...
@GWA Prices? You can PM me. Would you consider shipping to Australia?

Honda CBR400RR --> Suzuki Raider 150R --> Suzuki DR200SE --> KTM D390 with sauce
post #17 of 35 Old 09-15-2014, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Also located in the UK (Tyne and Wear)

I have just bought a 390 which has had a lot of extras added, if anyone wants a seat hump and a headlight mask let me know as I have removed them. I may also sell the Akrapovic exhaust if I can get into the standard exhaust and butcher it, then weld it back up. I don't like the look/size of the Akrapovic. The standard "look" is much better I think.

Does anyone in the UK or elsewhere know of any suspension work to help matters? the stock front end is rubbish and the rear shock is not much better, although the rear is potentially an easy swap out fix.

Also, is everyone happy with the brakes? I think there terrible. Whether it is the ABS, I don't know, but they're not as good as think they should be. The master cylinder seems a tad on the small side for me. Next time I'm out I will turn off the ABS and see if that feels any better.

Apart from the above I like the bike.

Gaz...
welcome Gaz
I feel the brakes are ok but im only on a 125 at the moment.. ive not teied riding without the abs on .

im also tyne and wear area
post #18 of 35 Old 09-17-2014, 09:27 PM
GWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by malJohann View Post
@GWA Prices? You can PM me. Would you consider shipping to Australia?
Hello Mal,

I don't have any idea of prices, I just took the parts off. Also postage to Australia would be a tad extreme. I was asked to quote a small parcel to Brazil last week and it was 65 or around 120 USD... and this was about half the size of this potential parcel, although the weight may be about the same?

-----------------

Ref: Brakes etc

I've not been out on the bike since I put up the last post, but I have been checking online about the brakes. It seems it is a bit of an issue with them getting spongie after a short while. Nothing a good Brembo M/C & lever won't sort out, but it's a bit crap as I'm sure this would have reared it head during R&D??? not very happy as I've just sold a brembo brake setup off a race bike a few weeks ago!!! Maybe a standard setup from a bigger/better bike might be a cheaper alternative?

Not found any info regarding front suspension tho!!!

Gaz...
post #19 of 35 Old 09-17-2014, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
I don't have any idea of prices, I just took the parts off. Also postage to Australia would be a tad extreme. I was asked to quote a small parcel to Brazil last week and it was 65 or around 120 USD... and this was about half the size of this potential parcel, although the weight may be about the same?
Royal Mail ships to Australia, quite cheaply too, not sure they do to Brazil.

Quote:
I've not been out on the bike since I put up the last post, but I have been checking online about the brakes. It seems it is a bit of an issue with them getting spongie after a short while. Nothing a good Brembo M/C & lever won't sort out, but it's a bit crap as I'm sure this would have reared it head during R&D??? not very happy as I've just sold a brembo brake setup off a race bike a few weeks ago!!! Maybe a standard setup from a bigger/better bike might be a cheaper alternative?
Without replacing master cylinders or any major surgery, the go seems to be bleed your brake fluid and replace with DOT 5.1, then replace the brake pads with EBC Double-H Sintered pads, FA606HH for the front, and FA213HH for the rear.

Honda CBR400RR --> Suzuki Raider 150R --> Suzuki DR200SE --> KTM D390 with sauce
post #20 of 35 Old 09-18-2014, 03:28 PM

Hi there yes I am from the uk. I have a few bikes but seemed to be using the 390 all the time. I have started to play around with the bike and would like to get hold of a power tronic piggyback performance ecu but I can't find a supplier in the uk.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page