4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 35 Old 06-19-2015, 01:27 PM

Picking mine up in the morning, Bedfordshire area
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 06-20-2015, 04:29 AM

390 owner in Wales

Hi, yes another UK owner here in mid-Wales. If God had designed the perfect bike for the mountain roads around here it would be a 390 Duke. Total hooligan, I hear comments about brakes and suspension not being the best but a look at the damage to the sides of my biking boots might suggest otherwise. I quite happily cut the head off the elephant! For those of you who don't know what that means take a look at the sides of your rear Metzeler.

The bike is not without issues though, low speed fueling from the fuel injection is absolutely crap, very lumpy and not a patch on a decent carb. Gets much much better once it's revving though, fair play it is a KTM.
Metzelers wear out shockingly fast, my rear was absolutely shot by 2000 miles (and that includes careful running in for 600 miles). I do 90 miles a day commuting through the mountains in mid-Wales on mine so that really wasn't good enough. The front is still going strong after 3500 miles but the back has been replaced by a Maxxis super touring (the combination works better than you might expect), this has now done 1500 miles and isn't showing much sign of wear yet. Don't really understand the comments about poor braking, I've owned so many bikes over the last 30 years I couldn't even count them and the brakes on this little KTM seem superb, it's not like it's got any weight to stop. I guess they might struggle with overheating on track days but I've not had any problems at all thrashing around on the road. Have to remember that this is a cheap bike, I only paid 3800 for mine brand new from Fowlers in Bristol, so you can't expect top line Ohlins and Brembos but everything works very well and plenty good enough for a little 370 that's flat out at about 99mph (can't quite persuade mine to top the ton), which is fine, I have a big bike for when I want to go fast or long distance. So, all in all, as a cheap little hooligan that can kick the arse out of anything on the little back roads where I live, it's great value for money and makes me laugh everytime I ride it. Does really need the low speed fueling sorting out though, if I had the spare cash I would definitely invest in a freer pipe and a power commander.
pflatout likes this.
post #33 of 35 Old 06-20-2015, 03:58 PM

hi all,i live in n ireland,got mine 3 weeks ago,very fast bike,only 160 miles on it

post #34 of 35 Old 01-22-2016, 05:55 PM

Hopefully soon

Hoping to get one soon cant wait, had a Duke 690 when they came out at first.
Had a few problem with it so I hope I dont have the same again.
I feel in love the first time I seen the little Duke.
post #35 of 35 Old 01-23-2016, 03:41 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mummybear View Post
Hoping to get one soon cant wait, had a Duke 690 when they came out at first.
Had a few problem with it so I hope I dont have the same again.
I feel in love the first time I seen the little Duke.
hi bear im hoping for no problems either i just got 13 plate in dec so not been able to get out yet, maybes ill see you out about on the road come good weather.

2013 duke 390 akra exhaust K&N filter airbox lid mod G2 throttle powerparts seat crash bars de-stickered

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KTM Customs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page