What did the dealers do for you? UK buyers - Page 3 - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 33 Old 06-25-2014, 11:46 AM

I have been t5old that my first service at 550miles would be 300.

Am i understanding correctly that it should not cost that much? If i dont do it with KTM i loose the warraty!?!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 Old 06-25-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke-R View Post
I have been t5old that my first service at 550miles would be 300.

Am i understanding correctly that it should not cost that much? If i dont do it with KTM i loose the warraty!?!?
I bought my bike from Gear4 near Peterborough, but got it serviced at Drysdale, near Perth.

Frankly, I think it's deceitful to quote me, a normal consumer, a price without parts and VAT. The labour rate was 60 per hour I think. They were helpful in getting me a service book - Drysdale were incredulous at Gear4 spinning me a yarn about awaiting a new design of service book, which is why I initially didn't get one.

The fact that they didn't reset the service indicator just rubs salt into the wound...
post #23 of 33 Old 06-25-2014, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripes View Post
I bought my bike from Gear4 near Peterborough, but got it serviced at Drysdale, near Perth.

Frankly, I think it's deceitful to quote me, a normal consumer, a price without parts and VAT. The labour rate was 60 per hour I think. They were helpful in getting me a service book - Drysdale were incredulous at Gear4 spinning me a yarn about awaiting a new design of service book, which is why I initially didn't get one.

The fact that they didn't reset the service indicator just rubs salt into the wound...
that's what i hate, you pay good money expecting that at the very least what seems obvious to you should be taken care of with the service. This is why i like to try to find guys that have previous experience at shops i want to go to and even get names of people at shops you can go to that are actually helpful

post #24 of 33 Old 07-05-2014, 02:59 PM

Bought my 390 from Verwood and always found them helpful especially when all the electrics failed! Got 200 off the bike and the promise of money off accessories.
Got the first service next week so fingers crossed it's on the cheaper side, I'll report back next week...
post #25 of 33 Old 07-16-2014, 02:40 AM

First service done last week friday......

Total was 275. Didnt think this was too bad as i spoke to a different dealership south of London and they told me the first service is 160 but they said they only change the oil and filter change where the service book clearly states that valve clearances was to be checked along with most bolts(is the ratled loose) and also chain tension. They didnt have to adjust my valve clearance and if they didi it would have been abou 40 - 60 more.
post #26 of 33 Old 07-18-2014, 03:57 AM

106 first service, not bad at all including an hours labour
post #27 of 33 Old 07-18-2014, 06:41 AM

Will390 - have they checked your valve clearance? I have been told if they dont then you loose the warranty on the motor!?
post #28 of 33 Old 07-18-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke-R View Post
First service done last week friday......

Total was 275. Didnt think this was too bad as i spoke to a different dealership south of London and they told me the first service is 160 but they said they only change the oil and filter change where the service book clearly states that valve clearances was to be checked along with most bolts(is the ratled loose) and also chain tension. They didnt have to adjust my valve clearance and if they didi it would have been abou 40 - 60 more.
So if they didn't have to do the valves then what did they do other than oil and filter?
post #29 of 33 Old 07-21-2014, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanical_vandal View Post
So if they didn't have to do the valves then what did they do other than oil and filter?

They have gone through and checked nuts and bolts to ensure none of them rattled llose. They have adjusted the chain tension and lubed. They gave the bike a ones over again to ensure all is ok.

And for them to check the valve clearance means to take the bike apart to get to the top of the motor.
post #30 of 33 Old 08-20-2014, 06:22 AM

Woah how much?!

When I had my first service on my Honda it was 70.. the other half had his first Yamaha service and that was free (part of the deal when he bought it)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page