Canada GTA KTM 390 Meet/Ride - Page 2 - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 Old 03-24-2017, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN Duke View Post
Just installed Symtec Heat Demon heated grips - excited to try them out on the road. Expecting they will make a huge difference.
Tempted- but the other side of me sez: You should not really be doing this- do not make it easier to do this."
Search me.
The snowmobile mitts with wool gloves (CDN TIRE- 25 bucks)- are the best that I could find- so far.)
The insulated leather glove, (that I got onsale from GPBIKES at the bikeshow, seem okay for now)
Bike is running fine for now. I now have over 2000 klicks on it.
Only thing I have had to do to it- was adjust and lube the chain. One other thing: When parked for 2-3 weeks. the tires lose pressur. (This is a common thing with cast rimes and tubeless). Check your tire pressures! I kid you not!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 Old 03-24-2017, 08:08 AM

Garage
Tested them out yesterday with regular motorcycle gloves, non-vented. They're awesome. I've ridden with various insulated gloves before, never enough warmth to last for any extended period and always with a reduction in articulation/dexterity. I'm sold on heated grips!

2016 Duke 390 - Lowered 45mm F&R with T-Rex Racing link and kickstand, YSS MZ506 shock, RC390 fork springs & custom spacers, DynoJet quickshifter and PCV, Gray Area KTM airbox, open lid, inverted K&N filter, Werkes pipe, TYGA header, 16T sprocket, 320mm Galfer rotor and HH pads, XHP50 LED headlight, Vizi-tec SupaBrake II, Renthal grips with HeatDemon heaters, lever guards, Ride It Moto levers, eBay sliders, rear spools and rearsets, DIY tail tidy, HD radiator, F&R shock guards, OBD2 dongle
post #13 of 25 Old 09-22-2017, 10:30 AM

Reviving this thread folks, any of fellow Duke riders in Toronto want to meet up for a ride/cruise in the coming weeks before the season draws to a close ? (Other bikes are welcome too of course!)

post #14 of 25 Old 09-22-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN Duke View Post
Tested them out yesterday with regular motorcycle gloves, non-vented. They're awesome. I've ridden with various insulated gloves before, never enough warmth to last for any extended period and always with a reduction in articulation/dexterity. I'm sold on heated grips!
Heated grips are a must, even in Victoria where I ride year round. I've put them on my other bike as well as on a Vespa GT 200 and just ordered a pair of Oxford heated grips for the Duke.
post #15 of 25 Old 09-22-2017, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreamTM View Post
Reviving this thread folks, any of fellow Duke riders in Toronto want to meet up for a ride/cruise in the coming weeks before the season draws to a close ? (Other bikes are welcome too of course!)
RC390 rider here, located downtown Toronto. I'm down for a ride.
post #16 of 25 Old 09-25-2017, 08:37 AM

Garage
depending on where/when I might be down. God a redonk schedule, plus going out of town Oct 7.
I'll watch this space.

I am female.
FE=Iron + Male.
Therefore, I am IronMan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 25 Old 09-25-2017, 08:45 AM

Hah, funnily enough I just ran into another Duke this morning on my ride home, going up university to St. Clair! He continued northbound when I turned off though! Had me wondering if he was a forum member! Anyways, is there a time that works for the two of you, @stealthmr, @retrochick ?
post #18 of 25 Old 09-26-2017, 08:18 AM

Fer sure! Any time- any place in the GTA!
post #19 of 25 Old 09-26-2017, 09:32 PM

Heated grips are probably a good idea- do you personally recommend them, and where did you get them?
post #20 of 25 Old 09-27-2017, 12:03 PM

Here in T.O.- there is that bike hangout thing, ('Coffee Bar Cowboys')- happening at the Timmies over on Leslie/Lakeshore TOMORROW NITE. As a door prize for Dukesters- I gotta brand new/neverworn boonybasher pants, (Ballistic nylon with pockets for body armor/ waist size 32 inches/ retails for over 100 clams)- to the first Duke rider who claims them! (They were given to me as a gift- I gotta find a new home for them).
See Ya there?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page