Boosterplug - Page 10 - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 123 Old 06-29-2018, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbj View Post
how did the ride go? did you feel any difference with the BP installed ?

Very good! I went out in 85*F weather with high humidity. I noticed an increase in low to mid RPM grunt immediately. To leave my place I have to cross a crowned highway which goes uphill immediately after you go over the crown. I normally gun it in 1st across the crown and then quick shift into 2nd as I hit the hill. On my test ride the front wheel lofted up a couple feet in 2nd gear and even stayed up for a bit. That's definitely not happened before in 2nd gear without dumping the clutch. I also noticed that it is a lot more squirrelly in turns on cold tires. I reckon it's making more torque now. The jumpiness when cruising in traffic at mid RPM is tamed as well. You can tell that the ignition is still hunting around but the bike doesn't lurch and my old neck injury is no longer aggravated from that. I'm going to keep it installed next track day. I think the valves will run cooler! I haven't installed the temp probe permanently yet. It sort of sits underneath and behind the pillion seat now. I'm going to move it to a better location for airflow. I am very happy with this product
KTMasean and tbj like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 123 Old 06-29-2018, 04:34 AM
tbj

Garage
cool, that's great news! very impressive that you managed to find the solution for it, despite DOT meddling with our toys
As I wrote a few weeks back, I mounted mine under the tank shroud on the left side of the tank, while John van Muijden placed it under the tail plastics.. so sky's the limit on the placement
The only thing I wouldn't recommend is to zip-tie it to the sub frame where I placed mine to begin with. It turns out that the sub frame draws heat from the cat box. So the sensor heats up as well resulting in lean mixture all over again
Crazy Uncle Jon likes this.

Husky Vitpilen 701 (again with a few mods
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
post #93 of 123 Old 07-15-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Uncle Jon View Post
A few updates:

I.e. if you completely unplug the left-side sensor, turn bike on and ECU fault code is MAP signal high but not AIT signal high. KTM seems to have changed the bike wiring and it's not clear when.

Hi Crazy Uncle Jon!

I've done what you suggested i.e. completely unplugged the left-side sensor and turn bike on to check if boosterplug is plugged in in the right place. Since nothing happened I swithed off the bike an left it sit for the night. In the meantime manufacturer confrimed that my boosterplug is faulty and they will send me a new one. However when I sterted the bike up next morning I got a yellow exclamaition mark warning on my TFT. I guess it has to do with me running the engine with left-side sensor unplugged the other day. And now my question - is it possible to make the warning light go away wihout plugging computer to ECU? eg. resetting ECU by unplugging battery etc.?

Thanks in advance for any advice

post #94 of 123 Old 07-17-2018, 03:41 AM

EDIT what lights up is malfunction indicator lamp (yellow engine) and not the general warning light (yellow exclamation mark).
post #95 of 123 Old 12-11-2018, 12:13 PM

I donít have my BoosterPlug yet, but Iím trying to figure out how Iím going to cleanly mount/zip-tie it to something. I donít meant the temp sensor, I mean the rest of the wiring and module that will presumably be hanging off the front of the airbox on a 2018 Duke. Anyone with a good picture of it mounted would be my hero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2018 Orange 390 DUKE
MSF RiderCoach
post #96 of 123 Old 12-11-2018, 11:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2WheelsGood View Post
I donít have my BoosterPlug yet, but Iím trying to figure out how Iím going to cleanly mount/zip-tie it to something. I donít meant the temp sensor, I mean the rest of the wiring and module that will presumably be hanging off the front of the airbox on a 2018 Duke. Anyone with a good picture of it mounted would be my hero.

Are you planning on getting one? What do you plan on doing in terms of mods? I started with a BKE and went to a PCV.

-2016 KTM 390 Duke-
post #97 of 123 Old 12-11-2018, 11:15 PM

Boosterplug

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jzsupra View Post
Are you planning on getting one? What do you plan on doing in terms of mods? I started with a BKE and went to a PCV.

I have a slip-on Yoshi, and thatís probably all Iíll do. But I had a BoosterPlug on my F800GS (also with a slip-on) and it improved the ridability in a big way. No more surging and stumbling, which is my only goal with this bike. Plus running a bit cooler is never a bad thing. So yes, I do plan on getting one. The location for it was much better on my GS, hence my question.

2018 Orange 390 DUKE
MSF RiderCoach
post #98 of 123 Old 12-12-2018, 02:30 AM

Garage
Quote:
I have a slip-on Yoshi, and thatís probably all Iíll do. But I had a BoosterPlug on my F800GS (also with a slip-on) and it improved the ridability in a big way. No more surging and stumbling, which is my only goal with this bike. Plus running a bit cooler is never a bad thing. So yes, I do plan on getting one. The location for it was much better on my GS, hence my question.

Ah ok, that should work just fine then.

-2016 KTM 390 Duke-
post #99 of 123 Old 12-12-2018, 04:53 AM
tbj

Garage
Quote:

hi
the wiring is short (not to the sensor but the rest of it) and it plugs in at the rear of the cylinder head cover, on the left side of the bike, so I just tucked it all in behind the frame, didn't even zip-tie.
the good thing is that on the 2017-> models you don't need to take anything off the bike to install it, it really takes just 5 min if you just zip-tie the sensor to the frame

hope this helps

Husky Vitpilen 701 (again with a few mods
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
post #100 of 123 Old 12-12-2018, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbj View Post
hi

the wiring is short (not to the sensor but the rest of it) and it plugs in at the rear of the cylinder head cover, on the left side of the bike, so I just tucked it all in behind the frame, didn't even zip-tie.

the good thing is that on the 2017-> models you don't need to take anything off the bike to install it, it really takes just 5 min if you just zip-tie the sensor to the frame

hope this helps

Thanks much, but my confusion about that is because of the instructions on BoosterPlugís web site. For the 2017+ Duke it shows the plug to use is hanging off the airbox on the right side of the bike just behind the rear shock. Then weirdly for the RC390 it shows where youíre talking about. I canít imagine why it would be different between the two bikes.

2018 Orange 390 DUKE
MSF RiderCoach

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page