2018 Duke 390 exhaust question? - Page 2 - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 Old 06-19-2018, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thanks Duff. I will look into this more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 Old 06-19-2018, 07:25 PM

Garage
Running a 1st gen pipe sounds like an interesting route.
The Mivv undertail setup also looks cool.
I tried the Remus S-Flow. Looks nice. Hated the sound with the db killer in.
Went for the Leo Vince decat mid-pipe and ran that with the stock muffler for a while. Not a big difference in terms of sound/volume.
Just swapped the stock muffler for an Arrow Thunder Slip-on. (Note: the connecting pipe for the slip-on that connects it to the mid-pipe is sold separately so you have to buy that if you are running any combo of stock or stock/non-Arrow exhaust parts). Arrow’s decat keeps the presilencer/resonator/heat trap.

Just to confirm for you, there aren’t any manufacturers that make a mid-pipe that doesn’t eliminate the catalytic converter. I think I remember seeing an aftermarket cat insert from Akra or someone else.

Deuces
varroa likes this.
post #13 of 24 Old 06-19-2018, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent1 View Post
Running a 1st gen pipe sounds like an interesting route.
The Mivv undertail setup also looks cool.
I tried the Remus S-Flow. Looks nice. Hated the sound with the db killer in.
Went for the Leo Vince decat mid-pipe and ran that with the stock muffler for a while. Not a big difference in terms of sound/volume.
Just swapped the stock muffler for an Arrow Thunder Slip-on. (Note: the connecting pipe for the slip-on that connects it to the mid-pipe is sold separately so you have to buy that if you are running any combo of stock or stock/non-Arrow exhaust parts). Arrow’s decat keeps the presilencer/resonator/heat trap.

Just to confirm for you, there aren’t any manufacturers that make a mid-pipe that doesn’t eliminate the catalytic converter. I think I remember seeing an aftermarket cat insert from Akra or someone else.

Deuces
Thanks. I will do some searching and see if I can find anything.

Out riding.

post #14 of 24 Old 06-27-2018, 08:17 PM

Garage
I really want to swap over to a 1st Gen header and run the competition werkes Gp slip-on. Just not sure if it will mount up okay on my 2017.
post #15 of 24 Old 10-23-2018, 01:16 PM

subscribing. I also want to delete the presilencer, but keep the cat.
post #16 of 24 Old 02-10-2019, 04:30 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan757 View Post
The Remus S Flow that Gordeh mentioned above is the only full exhaust replacement solution available at the moment for the 2017-2018 390 Dukes. (I think ARROW or LEO VANCE is another one but unsure if it an actual "FULL" solution that gets rid of the "pre silencer")
Unfortunately the Remus does get rid of and remove the catalytic converter and is somewhat loud (But does come with a DB Killer to settle it down some)
Im actually going back and forth at the moment to pull the trigger on the Remus or just play the waiting game for more solution to come available.
Best place for us in the US is to get one is MNNTHBX based out of Knoxville TN. Below is a link for the Remus (Picture/Vids)

https://www.ktmduke390forum.com/forum...-exhausts.html

Another option for a full system is the Austin Racing one. Very loud, 105db which is just as loud as the 1290 with the same system. Great products from them but the price is $1000 plus ship. The slip on however is $500 and looks amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Live in Socal? Message me and lets ride!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 24 Old 02-10-2019, 04:38 PM

I run a Delkevic system. Stock head pipe still, but they make a cat/pre silencer delete S pipe and a wide variety of mufflers. Fit and finish is good/great, and they are light weight.

Plus the prices are good. Mine with a 14" carbon fiber muffler was $250ish USD shipped to a US shipping address.

For me its a bit louder than I'd like, but I kinda knew getting rid of both the cat and the pre silencer would probably do that.

The Leo Vince cat delete pipe has a resonator in it, and I suspect that would be a great way to go for a quieter sound.
Abitibi likes this.

'18 RC390
Delkevic Exhaust
Rapidbike Evo
pedals/levers
fully open airbox
weight removal
R6 rear shock
Hella H9
post #18 of 24 Old 02-10-2019, 04:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by John390 View Post
I run a Delkevic system. Stock head pipe still, but they make a cat/pre silencer delete S pipe and a wide variety of mufflers. Fit and finish is good/great, and they are light weight.

Plus the prices are good. Mine with a 14" carbon fiber muffler was $250ish USD shipped to a US shipping address.

For me its a bit louder than I'd like, but I kinda knew getting rid of both the cat and the pre silencer would probably do that.

The Leo Vince cat delete pipe has a resonator in it, and I suspect that would be a great way to go for a quieter sound.

Did you have to remap fuel at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 24 Old 02-14-2019, 01:52 AM

see my sig

'18 RC390
Delkevic Exhaust
Rapidbike Evo
pedals/levers
fully open airbox
weight removal
R6 rear shock
Hella H9
post #20 of 24 Old 03-01-2019, 10:19 PM

Garage
Austin Racing has a great system but remember all full systems on the duke will require a remap or piggyback ecu.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page