ali el cheapo mufflers on sale! - Page 3 - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 27Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 34 Old 09-24-2019, 04:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 302
Garage
You guys seem to be terrible bargain hunters. Why the assumption that the only way to buy these things is to pay full price? You can buy this stuff much cheaper if you arenít in any hurry.

Mostly though Iím amused by the negativity. Iím not one for putting tassels on a Harley but Iím not so small minded as to be snarky about people that do. Always says more about the commenter than anything else. Iím sure youíve all got things you spend money on that for me would be a ridiculous waste of money, so why so resentful about other peopleís choices?
Mirius is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 34 Old 09-25-2019, 08:03 AM
Senior Member
 
properperson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Pattaya, Thailand
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirius View Post
You guys seem to be terrible bargain hunters. Why the assumption that the only way to buy these things is to pay full price? You can buy this stuff much cheaper if you arenít in any hurry.

Mostly though Iím amused by the negativity. Iím not one for putting tassels on a Harley but Iím not so small minded as to be snarky about people that do. Always says more about the commenter than anything else. Iím sure youíve all got things you spend money on that for me would be a ridiculous waste of money, so why so resentful about other peopleís choices?

That's the problem with forums - lots of views / opinions - many of which you don't agree with.......
KTMasean likes this.
properperson is offline  
post #23 of 34 Old 09-25-2019, 08:48 AM
Senior Member
 
pingywon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 168
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirius View Post
You guys seem to be terrible bargain hunters. Why the assumption that the only way to buy these things is to pay full price? You can buy this stuff much cheaper if you arenít in any hurry.

Mostly though Iím amused by the negativity. Iím not one for putting tassels on a Harley but Iím not so small minded as to be snarky about people that do. Always says more about the commenter than anything else. Iím sure youíve all got things you spend money on that for me would be a ridiculous waste of money, so why so resentful about other peopleís choices?
I will agree this thread fell to crap quickly. I think there is something to be said for the engineering time (R&D) effort that names companies put forward in development of a product.

with that said - if you are patient - you are right. I just got the 390 Akra exhaust from someone here on the forum for $375. It had aprox 50 miles on it. Showed up as good as brand new. I personally am loving it.
CDN Duke and Mirius like this.
pingywon is offline  
 
post #24 of 34 Old 09-25-2019, 02:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 302
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by properperson View Post
That's the problem with forums - lots of views / opinions - many of which you don't agree with.......


Have a read back through this forum. That hasnít been the case. Mostly itís been constructive and factual with not a lot of opinions. But inevitably sooner later bored people will find any forum and start to troll.
KTMasean likes this.
Mirius is online now  
post #25 of 34 Old 09-25-2019, 06:06 PM
Member
 
cbrianroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Western Washington
Posts: 76
I might as well chime in...like everything else, well made stuff is gonna cost more than a clone....that is fact and for reasons stated above...research and refining, using quality material, and all the little touchs you dont really notice if you dont know what to look for.

That doesnt mean it wont work, but usually has a shorter life span.



I dont agree with branding clone items as originals.



I also think most aftermarket parts are too expensive also, sure there are deals but still....


If I had the money I would probably buy all the cool kid stuff for my bikes, but I dont, so I won't be complaining about how people spend there money.



People will probably make fun of me if I switch to spokes for my 390....money we spent?? No but I'll be happy.
KTMasean and Mirius like this.

2018 Duke 390, just over 200 miles. No awesome mods yet...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
single round mirror, homemade tailtidy, Windshield, rear mud guard.
cbrianroll is offline  
post #26 of 34 Old 09-26-2019, 04:11 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 305
Garage
The thing I read at a different forum, over 12 years ago, was that one should vote with their wallet. If something is too expensive - don't buy it, but also don't bitch about how expensive it is/try to get the price down. I mean, negotiating in good faith is one thing, but saying so and so should not cost as much as it does is just pointless.
KTMasean and Mirius like this.
varroa is offline  
post #27 of 34 Old 09-27-2019, 03:00 AM
Member
 
Abitibi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 86
Garage
For myself, I ended up going in the middle, not cheap neither crazy expensive.

I was very tempted to get the Mivv M2 that's currently for sale here by fellow member but it was slightly out of my reach especially once I added shipping and duty. I was hesitant on the Eli express, experimented with removing the baffle on my stock muffler and settled for this full de-cat system. I went with the stainless over the carbon as it saved me another $60 and I kind of like the look. Black carbon fiber almost blends too much. 103 to 107db, maybe even more with the de-cat pipe? Might be louder than I'd like but most of the noise comes from the wind hitting my helmet so might not be such an issue...

Just ordered it, came shipped to my house in Canada at $230usd (muffler and de-cat pipe). They also sell the de-cat pipe for $90usd and $15 shipping conus in case someone is curious.

https://delkevic.com/de-cat-ss70-9-s...90-duke-rc390/

Cheers
David

Cheers!
David
Abitibi is offline  
post #28 of 34 Old 09-27-2019, 09:30 AM
Senior Member
 
pingywon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 168
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abitibi View Post
For myself, I ended up going in the middle, not cheap neither crazy expensive.

I was very tempted to get the Mivv M2 that's currently for sale here by fellow member but it was slightly out of my reach especially once I added shipping and duty. I was hesitant on the Eli express, experimented with removing the baffle on my stock muffler and settled for this full de-cat system. I went with the stainless over the carbon as it saved me another $60 and I kind of like the look. Black carbon fiber almost blends too much. 103 to 107db, maybe even more with the de-cat pipe? Might be louder than I'd like but most of the noise comes from the wind hitting my helmet so might not be such an issue...

Just ordered it, came shipped to my house in Canada at $230usd (muffler and de-cat pipe). They also sell the de-cat pipe for $90usd and $15 shipping conus in case someone is curious.

https://delkevic.com/de-cat-ss70-9-s...90-duke-rc390/

Cheers
David
Are you retuning after the decat? I wanna go decat (I got the CF Akra slipon) but i do not wanna go crazy needing a power commander and all that. Please keep us posted how it all plays out for you! Im super curious.
Abitibi likes this.
pingywon is offline  
post #29 of 34 Old 09-27-2019, 10:03 AM
Senior Member
 
duke200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Greece
Posts: 418
Mufflers are waste of money any way so why not wasting less using cheap Chinese exhausts?. I wouldn't go even for the cheapo exhaust though. Stock exhaust is awesome.

Sent from my ASUS_X00HD using Tapatalk
KTMasean, varroa and Whyzee like this.
duke200 is offline  
post #30 of 34 Old 09-27-2019, 11:00 AM
Senior Member
 
pingywon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 168
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke200 View Post
. Stock exhaust is awesome.

Sent from my ASUS_X00HD using Tapatalk

lol. no it isnt. opinions. see
duke200 likes this.
pingywon is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome