Garage
Looks good - see how it lasts
post #3 of 34 Old 01-19-2019, 04:13 AM

Garage
How loud is it?

-2016 KTM 390 Duke-

post #4 of 34 Old 01-19-2019, 07:15 AM

Garage
Or save even more money and stubby your stock can.
post #5 of 34 Old 01-19-2019, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to maverick9611
(Thread Starter)
their so cheap and built quite well. sound is normal not loud at all. it has removable baffle if you want loud. it's outrageous how much mufflers cost. here is a alternative.
looks awesome and works well on my ninja 250r too. knock off sticker included as well. nice
post #6 of 34 Old 09-22-2019, 02:23 AM

Garage
It's been a while since you've mounted your El Cheapo, how is it holding up? Still happy with it?

Cheers!
David
post #7 of 34 Old 09-22-2019, 06:34 AM

Agreed! We are taken for a ride by the big boys!! These knock offs look and sound as good as the expensive ones.....
post #8 of 34 Old 09-22-2019, 12:57 PM

That looks Hot.

Imagine if for some reason that the quality is sub par of the el cheapos. Also imagine how many dozen of the el cheapo cans you can buy for the price of one name brand. Insane. The costs of an exhaust system is disproportionate to what you actually get, in my opinion.

This isnít my first rodeo, but it is the first one with real clowns...
post #9 of 34 Old 09-22-2019, 01:08 PM

Garage
Much of what you get from the big names you canít see or hear. Anyone can knock up a pipe, especially if you copy something someone else has spent time and money developing.

Have a look at all the exhaust manufacturers who have gone to the wall including some who made some **** fine pipes. Akra have their own Dyno as do others and they have to have their pipes approved by the Authorities which isnít cheap.

I know some donít care but if we are having this discussion, letís be clear that importing a knock off pipe is also illegal especially if it comes with fake stickers. The fines if Customs happen to open up your parcel will make you wish youíd gone for one of the top of the line carbon and titanium ones from the most expensive manufacturer. It probably wonít happen to you but...
post #10 of 34 Old 09-22-2019, 02:22 PM

The costs of an exhaust system is disproportionate to what you actually get, in my opinion.

Do you think that there is some sort of mysterious juju going on inside of the link pipe and/or muffler can?? There is not!

The link pipe is, well, a piece of pipe with the proper bend, (flared attachment at one end in our case) with smooth walls inside or out, and a couple spring attachment points.
The muffler can is a can with two end caps, rivets to secure them, a decibel killer insert piece, and maybe some fiberglass and expanded metal wire mesh on the interior.
I do not believe that there is some sort of amazing research and development that costs mega dollars happening. Of course the Asian copies are just that, copies. Sometimes the materials used are inferior. Sometimes the quality of assembly is inferior. I agree that often times in life, you get what you pay for (like a fine timepiece). Not so with a motorcycle exhaust system.

Of course I would not want the sticker on the muffler can, and without it there is no crime committed. It’s just another manufacturers’ mousetrap. I don’t wear clothing with brand advertisements either.
duke200 likes this.

This isnít my first rodeo, but it is the first one with real clowns...

Last edited by Whyzee; 09-22-2019 at 02:28 PM.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page