Rapid Bike Easy - Page 2 - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 Old 04-22-2019, 03:27 PM

Garage
Rapid Bike Easy

To be honest Iím not entirely sure what the issue is with using the clutch. Itís not as though itís a heavy clutch such as I have on other bikes.

I have one of these I will be fitting, but for fueling. Until this thread I wasnít even aware there was an Ďissueí with the clutch and almost all of my riding on this bike is low speed urban riding in heavy traffic.
Bernard1414 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 Old 05-02-2019, 06:15 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
It turns out l ordered the wrong unit for my bike.
For the 2017 onwards the RBE is a KRBEA2-036
And l accidentally ordered a KRBEA-036 which is for the earlier model of Duke 390.

Although the unit worked, the “check engine” light appeared after 200 miles and l had to disconnect the RBE.

I will get the correct part and then see how that performs.
Bernard1414 likes this.
post #13 of 19 Old 05-04-2019, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
OK so now the manufacturer DIMSPORT has told me either unit will be fine for the 2018 390 Duke.
And if the check engine light continues to appear then l need to turn the fuelling adjustment on the RBE from +2 to +1

If that doesn’t cure it then the next option is to change the setting adjustment to 6 and the fuelling to +3
KTMasean likes this.

post #14 of 19 Old 05-28-2019, 04:20 PM

Garage
Any updates on this? I can't decide what to buy. Rapid Bike Easy or a $500+ version of something. I'd rather just spend $200 if it fixes the low throttle choppyness and the weird downshift stalling. Over many years of riding I have developed a habit of blipping the throttle right before downshifting. It seems to help smooth out the downshift but i can't do that on the Duke 390. It stalls almost everytime.
post #15 of 19 Old 05-28-2019, 05:55 PM

Garage
My personal observation of downshifting stalling is that itís clutch drag from not fully disengaging the clutch. Iíve got some after market levers fitted which seem to make this worse.
post #16 of 19 Old 05-28-2019, 10:57 PM

agreed on the clutch drag. However, there is still tuning issues on this. I can make it easier to downshift stall if I get it too lean around the idle and lower rpm/low throttle settings. Much like stock.

It was WAY better immediately once I installed the RBEvo and did a bit of off the cuff tuning.

The clutch drag thing is for sure an issue however.

I have tuned that on both ends of the clutch cable and it makes it fully trustworthy. Before, I would get a little not in my stomach whenever I entered a busy intersection.
Mirius likes this.

'18 RC390
Delkevic Exhaust
Rapidbike Evo
pedals/levers
fully open airbox
weight removal
R6 rear shock
Hella H9
post #17 of 19 Old 05-29-2019, 06:38 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
An update on the Rapid Bike Easy.

I turned the fuelling knob from +2 to +1 and the check engine light has gone out (after another 3 rides)

The bike is running smoother with the unit fitted, performance feels about the same, it’s not designed to improve power, just to make it run smoother at low RPM.

If you want power increase you’ll need the Evo version.
post #18 of 19 Old 06-04-2019, 05:18 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Well, l called my insurance to tell them about the extras l fitted to the bike, and they won’t cover the bike at all with Rapid Bike Easy fitted, so l have had to take it off.

If l wanted cover they would have to cancel the policy and try to find another one that would accept it.

So l will have to wait until next year when the policy renews and try then.

Last edited by lightning; 06-04-2019 at 05:21 AM.
post #19 of 19 Old 06-04-2019, 01:05 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning View Post
Well, l called my insurance to tell them about the extras l fitted to the bike, and they wonít cover the bike at all with Rapid Bike Easy fitted, so l have had to take it off.

If l wanted cover they would have to cancel the policy and try to find another one that would accept it.

So l will have to wait until next year when the policy renews and try then.

I would call your agent (if you have one). He/she should be able to get your policy switched without having to wait until next year.

You would get the remainder of your current policy refunded (if you paid for a full year) and apply it to the new policy. Out of curiosity, which insurance company are you using?

~FRV

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page