Problems that KTM duke faces regularly,Duke issues - Page 10 - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 120 Old 06-21-2019, 01:55 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KT EMMA View Post
My bike is in the shop with about 700 miles on it for a knocking rod.
Did you just have it in for the 620 service?

2018 390 Duke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 120 Old 06-21-2019, 02:15 PM

Yes, serviced at 618 or so after the notification came on. I rode it 2 or 3 times after, then pulled over when I heard the noise on the last ride and trailered it to the dealer.
duke200 likes this.
post #93 of 120 Old 06-21-2019, 02:23 PM

The dealership has "fixed" the engine, but is waiting on the TFT to come in so they can swap it out. I (like many others) have the screen restart issue and the "rainbow tach" glitch / issue.

Should I be concerned about future problems the knocking could have caused?

post #94 of 120 Old 06-21-2019, 02:31 PM

Garage
Quote:
Yes, serviced at 618 or so after the notification came on. I rode it 2 or 3 times after, then pulled over when I heard the noise on the last ride and trailered it to the dealer.

I asked because I would be highly suspicious it was caused by something they did at that service.
KT EMMA likes this.

2018 390 Duke
post #95 of 120 Old 06-25-2019, 04:06 PM

Quote:
The dealership has "fixed" the engine, but is waiting on the TFT to come in so they can swap it out. I (like many others) have the screen restart issue and the "rainbow tach" glitch / issue.

Should I be concerned about future problems the knocking could have caused?
390 engine is tough and I think the head gasket and overheating fan issue at older model are solved. If you check twice a week the oil and coolant level (as every rider suppose to do) and see not coolant or oil level drop you have nothing to fear!

Sent from my ASUS_X00HD using Tapatalk
KT EMMA likes this.
post #96 of 120 Old 06-26-2019, 05:25 PM

So, I just talked to the dealership, and she said "We got the bike back together with the new parts and it's making more noise that when you brought it to us..... So... We are having a professional come from KTM to inspect it to determine if it can be fixed or if the engine needs to be replaced" UGH!

Next, I called KTM and they said "We will look into getting you an extended warranty, but we don't offer loaner bikes and we aren't going to give you a refund, we will only repair or replace your engine"

I am really struggling with withdrawals. I haven't been able to ride in almost a month, and who knows how much longer it'll be? I really want to like this bike, and I seem to be one of the few people to have such a large issue with so few miles, but I kind of regret my purchase now... and who wants to ride a bike they regret?
post #97 of 120 Old 06-27-2019, 10:32 AM

They must offer you bike as long as they keep yours. Speak with the supervisor of the dealer (KTM North america, Ohio). Tell them also to bring you a new engine and send yours for inspection to Austria.

Last edited by duke200; 06-27-2019 at 10:37 AM.
post #98 of 120 Old 06-27-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke200 View Post
They must offer you bike as long as they keep yours. Speak with the supervisor of the dealer (KTM North america, Ohio). Tell them also to bring you a new engine and send yours for inspection to Austria.

I don't feel like I have enough leverage to make demands that steep, but I will try calling KTM in Ohio.
post #99 of 120 Old 06-27-2019, 05:00 PM

I just looked at the number I called, and it was to the Ohio office. Whomever I talked to there told me (more or less) "Your warranty doesn't include a loaner bike".
post #100 of 120 Old 06-27-2019, 05:42 PM

Well if the Ohio office said that you can't do anything else. The fact is that a good dealer should and usually gives a loaner bike in cases like yours. You have done the best you could. I will try to check what the Austrian department thinks about the event and if I had any news will tell you.

KT EMMA likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page