Stalling - Page 5 - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 27Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 49 Old 08-31-2017, 09:05 AM
Member
 
DuffMan757's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 53
Well while i was tightening the magnet back on with the washer ..i totally over did it and sheered the bolt clean off :-( ...well $20 bucks later for a new kickstand + magnet ..lesson learned don't be a dumbass.

"Burn Rubber, Not Your Soul, Baby." ~Smoke
DuffMan757 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 49 Old 09-02-2017, 03:18 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan757 View Post
Well while i was tightening the magnet back on with the washer ..i totally over did it and sheered the bolt clean off :-( ...well $20 bucks later for a new kickstand + magnet ..lesson learned don't be a dumbass.
Do you have a part number for the assembly? I almost did the same thing and stripped some of the threads.i would like to get another as insurance.
RyanC412 is offline  
post #43 of 49 Old 09-05-2017, 11:33 AM
Member
 
DuffMan757's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC412 View Post
Do you have a part number for the assembly? I almost did the same thing and stripped some of the threads.i would like to get another as insurance.

No i didn't get a part number when i order it ..just called the KTM Dealer and they looked it all up for me. I should be receiving it in the mail in the next couple days maybe the invoice will have the part number on it and ill post it up for ya.

"Burn Rubber, Not Your Soul, Baby." ~Smoke

Last edited by DuffMan757; 09-05-2017 at 11:34 AM. Reason: grammer
DuffMan757 is offline  
 
post #44 of 49 Old 09-05-2017, 06:50 PM
Member
 
nieprawda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Poland
Posts: 94
Garage
Hope this helps:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	39562  
DuffMan757 likes this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nieprawda is offline  
post #45 of 49 Old 11-30-2017, 03:50 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 57
This issue is driving me crazy.


I have a new 2017 one, to date with 3000 KM and it stalling.


Nothing helps, the washer, other replced parts the dealer did including replacing the throttle bodies has not made a diffrence.


I really dont know what to do any longer.
Maxi is offline  
post #46 of 49 Old 11-30-2017, 05:11 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 306
Garage
At what mileage did it start stalling?
varroa is offline  
post #47 of 49 Old 11-30-2017, 10:21 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by varroa View Post
At what mileage did it start stalling?
It was there from the start probably but i encountered it just a little before the break in milage ended.


This is becouse it only happens when the throtle is opned more agresevally, which i didnt do during the first 1000 km.


If i start off gentally, this does not happen.
varroa likes this.
Maxi is offline  
post #48 of 49 Old 02-02-2018, 11:59 AM
Junior Member
 
DrDuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 11
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
It was there from the start probably but i encountered it just a little before the break in milage ended.


This is becouse it only happens when the throtle is opned more agresevally, which i didnt do during the first 1000 km.


If i start off gentally, this does not happen.
does the bike stutter or behave abnormally when reving at idle? maybe run some of the highest quality fuel that you can find, the 98 octane stuff we have locally have cleaning agents which could improve flow if there is partial blockage

maybe you got a bad batch of fuel that gunked up your your fuel system limiting its flow under WOT
varroa likes this.

Meh
DrDuke is offline  
post #49 of 49 Old 02-03-2018, 03:59 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDuke View Post
does the bike stutter or behave abnormally when reving at idle? maybe run some of the highest quality fuel that you can find, the 98 octane stuff we have locally have cleaning agents which could improve flow if there is partial blockage

maybe you got a bad batch of fuel that gunked up your your fuel system limiting its flow under WOT



Thanks - it has been solved. the Pickup sensor was the issue.
DrDuke likes this.
Maxi is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome