SW Motech Tank Bag - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 11-04-2017, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
SW Motech Tank Bag

Hi all. Has anyone installed the above? I tried today using the specific KTM 390 tank ring but the replacement screws provided by SW Motech would not screw into the tank - any advice appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-04-2017, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicks75 View Post
Hi all. Has anyone installed the above? I tried today using the specific KTM 390 tank ring but the replacement screws provided by SW Motech would not screw into the tank - any advice appreciated. Thanks.
I gather that the holes line up but you can't use the OEM screws due to them being too short(?) or some other reason. If the SWM bolts are the correct size but won't thread properly they likely have a different thread pitch. Compare them to the originals to confirm. If this is the problem you'll need to source bolts with the same pitch as the OEM. If you can find the right thread but the bolts are too long you'll have to cut them down with a Dremel tool or similar.

Last edited by jtbl; 11-04-2017 at 10:14 PM.
post #3 of 11 Old 11-05-2017, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks. Motech advises to retain the factory screw for the 12 o?clock position (there is no hole in the motech tank ring at this position). The problem is with the screws at 10 o?clock and 2 o?clock. The factory tank screws are with plastic holders and these need to be removed as well as the corresponding nut underneath and replaced with the Motech screws. I?ll take a look again at the screw pattern today. Frustrating. This should be a ten minute job. Thanks for replying.

post #4 of 11 Old 01-18-2018, 10:20 PM

Garage
SW Motech Tank Bag

Quote:
Thanks. Motech advises to retain the factory screw for the 12 o?clock position (there is no hole in the motech tank ring at this position). The problem is with the screws at 10 o?clock and 2 o?clock. The factory tank screws are with plastic holders and these need to be removed as well as the corresponding nut underneath and replaced with the Motech screws. I?ll take a look again at the screw pattern today. Frustrating. This should be a ten minute job. Thanks for replying.
Did you get the bag mounting sorted out? I have installed one of these on two different 2015 390's without issue.
post #5 of 11 Old 02-16-2018, 07:38 PM

Garage
Has anybody posted pics of this bag mounted up?
JP4 likes this.

Chris - Prescott AZ

2017 KTM 390 Duke
1974 Bultaco Sherpa T 350

2003 KTM 640 Adventure (sold)
post #6 of 11 Old 02-17-2018, 01:05 PM
JP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungus View Post
Has anybody posted pics of this bag mounted up?
I'm curious as well. Ready to pull the trigger on a tank bag, but there aren't many pictures of them on 2017's.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
post #7 of 11 Old 02-19-2018, 11:33 AM

Garage
I've been using a Givi 3D604 Tanklock Tankbag (replaced by a ST603). It's the largest bag with tank ring mounting that you will fit on our bikes. I just made a quick release tail bag so I'll sell my old tank bag with lock ring for $75 + shipping. It also has a custom low profile adjustable phone mount bracket on the top. Email [email protected] (or PM me) if interested...
post #8 of 11 Old 02-25-2018, 06:47 AM

Does anybody have any snapshots of tankbags in situ, I want to get one but I'm unsure whether sizing/style would look right on the bike.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
post #9 of 11 Old 02-28-2018, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I have a City tank bag which fits perfectly but I cannot attach the file for some reason.
post #10 of 11 Old 03-01-2018, 01:38 AM
tbj

Garage
Quote:
I have a City tank bag which fits perfectly but I cannot attach the file for some reason.
try reducing the image size by 50% there is a limit to the size we are allowed to upload

Husky Vitpilen 701 (again with a few mods
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page