KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

new Puig windscreen fitted to 2017 390 Duke

38K views 57 replies 19 participants last post by  Atv 
#1 ·
Hi all
Here are some photos of the new Puig windscreen fitted to my bike , I haven't had a chance to ride it yet as the weather here is miserable .
It seems well made and was easy to fit (approx. 20 mins) only requiring 2 allen keys for the whole procedure :D

#7 ·
Here you can find your nearest dealer
In the attachement the Dark Smoke version of the screen on my dukesey.
Hi , I live in the UK and just typed "Puig stockist UK" into Google , picked the first one in the list and rang them , the screen cost £90 plus £6:50 postage and turned up 4 days later :) The item code is : 9514 and it's available as clear , smoke , dark smoke , black + orange .
Hi Mecenas, could you please post some more pics of the bike. That windshield looks awesome the best I have seen so far. @Matt: Thanks for the information brother. Any idea about Puig Dealer in India or middle east? many thanks!

drive_angry

#6 ·
Puig screen

Hi , I live in the UK and just typed "Puig stockist UK" into Google , picked the first one in the list and rang them , the screen cost £90 plus £6:50 postage and turned up 4 days later :) The item code is : 9514 and it's available as clear , smoke , dark smoke , black + orange .

Attachments

#29 ·
No clue. Only installed it yesterday and havent ridden with it yet. I bought it on a gamble that it might work as it should. I don’t have a problem normally with getting kicked back by the wind until I get to 80mph unlike others have reported. The windscreen was intended to cut down on the bugs hitting my chest and ease my long highway hauls.
It’s not a big touring shield, but it’s way more practical than the crap KTM powerpart shield. And it’s the only one made for this bike.

Deuces

#31 ·
wind screen

Hi Dueces,

I take it you have tried the Powerparts screen?
Probably depending on how tall you are.
With my 173 meters, I am very happy with the crap Powerparts screen. :D
Have not gone to the max here on the Thailand high ways but reached 160 km/h and all well.
Must say though over 120 - 125 km/h, it won't stop the bugs.

#35 · (Edited)
The problem you’re facing is that the screen was designed around a “European” Duke (ie not U.S. DOT specs). Their turn signals are smaller. And it makes sense since Puig is from Spain and they wouldn’t instinctively know that there is a US-spec version.
You could fork out the cash for aftermarket signals like Rizoma or whatever. I ditched the turn signals altogether a long while ago so I didn’t even notice the difference until your post and I relooked at the instruction pics and the product photo online.

Deuces

#36 ·
In fact, I haven’t used the Powerparts screen. I can’t even find a picture of the 2017+ version mounted. But in any case, I rather spend my money on something that has the potential to provide more substantial deflection than that.

Deuces

P.S. “Deuces” isn’t a user/screen name. It’s a signature sign-off

#39 ·
You could replace the US indicators with the LED euro blinkers, there's plenty of used OE ones on ebay in UK and Germany. I'm sorry to say the US indicators are hopelessly old fashioned and don't match the bike at all anyway so good opportunity for an upgrade ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.