Wishlist for my 390 Duke... - Page 2 - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 32 Old 10-11-2019, 04:24 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbj View Post
I have Schuberth c3pro with SRC com setup (it's made by Cardo) and I linked the helmet to the phone and the phone to the bike, worked like a charm
everything connected together automatically when I fired both the helmet and bike up. what issues do you have with Senna?

Not really an issue as such... if the 390 could pair the (Sena) as well as the phone (as the KTMs above the 390 do) it would be a call coming in, indicated on the 390 LCD... by clicking the MENU button it would then dispatch the call to the phone and the handlebar UP / DOWN arrows would control the volume. As it is now, the LCD on the 390 indicates there is a call, you press the MENU button and then let go of the left of the handlebar, push the headset (Sena) phone button... and the call is then connected - you then still need to adjust the volume on the headset (Sena) as the 390's "volume" buttons are non operational. Not a big deal but a bit of tweaking on KTM's side could make things safer and easier....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 Old 10-11-2019, 04:25 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbj View Post
PS maybe I'm lazy too.. but I would love to have self canceling indicators
I missed a temp display as well, sat nav not so much but I did ask for it at the dealer once (they told me that even the 790 didn't have the option)
the other thing would be keyless start, it's becoming standard even on 125s

Great points!!
tbj likes this.
post #13 of 32 Old 10-11-2019, 05:00 AM
tbj

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by J W C View Post
Not really an issue as such... if the 390 could pair the (Sena) as well as the phone (as the KTMs above the 390 do) it would be a call coming in, indicated on the 390 LCD... by clicking the MENU button it would then dispatch the call to the phone and the handlebar UP / DOWN arrows would control the volume. As it is now, the LCD on the 390 indicates there is a call, you press the MENU button and then let go of the left of the handlebar, push the headset (Sena) phone button... and the call is then connected - you then still need to adjust the volume on the headset (Sena) as the 390's "volume" buttons are non operational. Not a big deal but a bit of tweaking on KTM's side could make things safer and easier....
I'm sorry to tell you that this is more a Sena / Phone and not KTM issue, all the buttons worked with the Schuberth/Cardo system and Samsung galaxy s9+
I could answer and adjust the volume on the handlebar.. I assume that you can adjust the volume with the phone buttons during the call received in the helmet?
maybe it's the way the Sena is synced to the phone (not as a headset but something else)?
J W C likes this.

Husky Vitpilen 701 (again with a few mods
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)

post #14 of 32 Old 10-11-2019, 06:19 AM

Garage
I would like a center stand so I could service my bike without having to buy a remote stand to lift the rear wheel.

Spoked wheel option would be nice.

I also have a Sena headset and have also issues when pairing with the Ktm.

Pairing Sena to my Samsung S8; no problems. Auto answer calls (volume must be adjusted on phone), plays music...

If I then pair to the Ktm I immediately loose my music. Not sure what I'm doing wrong so I've just been ignoring the Ktm pairing request on my phone.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Cheers!
David
post #15 of 32 Old 10-11-2019, 06:30 AM
tbj

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abitibi View Post
I would like a center stand so I could service my bike without having to buy a remote stand to lift the rear wheel.

Spoked wheel option would be nice.

I also have a Sena headset and have also issues when pairing with the Ktm.

Pairing Sena to my Samsung S8; no problems. Auto answer calls (volume must be adjusted on phone), plays music...

If I then pair to the Ktm I immediately loose my music. Not sure what I'm doing wrong so I've just been ignoring the Ktm pairing request on my phone.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
This is strange, the only thing I had problems music wise was that I assigned Spotify as standard app first time I paired the bike to the phone. I realized on the first ride that it's not the best option as Spotify doesn't work with remotes very well, you can't skip songs or go back ( I have the same issue in my BMW when controlling music from the steering wheel)
so I unpaired the bike and assigned Google music as default app for the bike control buttons, worked without any problems after that.

Maybe you guys should start from scratch ; delete all connections and then start with phone to bike and the add Sena as a headset ? it's worth a try at least..

Husky Vitpilen 701 (again with a few mods
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)

Last edited by tbj; 10-11-2019 at 06:32 AM.
post #16 of 32 Old 10-11-2019, 08:43 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by J W C View Post
Bluetooth Volume control on the Duke works...its just a crappy implementation. You have to HOLD the up or down button (for too long IMHO) and the volume will change. With that said I have a BT helmet and I never use this. Easier just to reach to the helmet to adjust, but it DOES WORK from the Duke.
Whiskey and J W C like this.
post #17 of 32 Old 10-11-2019, 06:45 PM

Garage
My list
Bigger fuel tank
Centre stand
Larger pillion seat
100cc more engine
better quality suspension

Cheers then!
Jon G

(Monster M1200s
& Duke 390
post #18 of 32 Old 10-12-2019, 09:41 PM

Garage
Besides an engine that doesn't blow out?

Mirrors that don't suck.

Some good luggage with mounting brackets.

The bugs worked out of the TFT display. That rainbow thing looks cool at first, but gets annoying after a bit.

A good windscreen that doesn't mess up the look of the front end.

All but the TFT bugs could be resolved by a good aftermarket manufacturer, but I'm having a hard time on the windscreen. I've had a hard time finding luggage that doesn't cost an arm and a leg too.

2017 Duke 390

Only a motorcycle rider can understand why a dog sticks his head out of the window.
post #19 of 32 Old 10-13-2019, 12:02 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
Besides an engine that doesn't blow out?

Mirrors that don't suck.

Some good luggage with mounting brackets.

The bugs worked out of the TFT display. That rainbow thing looks cool at first, but gets annoying after a bit.

A good windscreen that doesn't mess up the look of the front end.

All but the TFT bugs could be resolved by a good aftermarket manufacturer, but I'm having a hard time on the windscreen. I've had a hard time finding luggage that doesn't cost an arm and a leg too.
I'm cheap and I got tired of my tank bag so I made my own luggage kit. Bought a used tail rack and mounted a used Pelican case. Not large enough to lock an helmet but tons of rooms for my commute gears/clothes and all. Waterproof and locks. All in for $110cdn ($80-85usd).

Cheers!
David
post #20 of 32 Old 10-13-2019, 09:39 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abitibi View Post
I'm cheap and I got tired of my tank bag so I made my own luggage kit. Bought a used tail rack and mounted a used Pelican case. Not large enough to lock an helmet but tons of rooms for my commute gears/clothes and all. Waterproof and locks. All in for $110cdn ($80-85usd).
I bought a set of through over saddle bags that would work great except that the tail is tapered in. I fashioned some make shift brackets, but they are far from ideal.

2017 Duke 390

Only a motorcycle rider can understand why a dog sticks his head out of the window.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page