Wishlist for my 390 Duke... - Page 2 - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 16Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 32 Old 10-11-2019, 04:24 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: South Africa - Western Cape
Posts: 38
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbj View Post
I have Schuberth c3pro with SRC com setup (it's made by Cardo) and I linked the helmet to the phone and the phone to the bike, worked like a charm
everything connected together automatically when I fired both the helmet and bike up. what issues do you have with Senna?

Not really an issue as such... if the 390 could pair the (Sena) as well as the phone (as the KTMs above the 390 do) it would be a call coming in, indicated on the 390 LCD... by clicking the MENU button it would then dispatch the call to the phone and the handlebar UP / DOWN arrows would control the volume. As it is now, the LCD on the 390 indicates there is a call, you press the MENU button and then let go of the left of the handlebar, push the headset (Sena) phone button... and the call is then connected - you then still need to adjust the volume on the headset (Sena) as the 390's "volume" buttons are non operational. Not a big deal but a bit of tweaking on KTM's side could make things safer and easier....
J W C is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 32 Old 10-11-2019, 04:25 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: South Africa - Western Cape
Posts: 38
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbj View Post
PS maybe I'm lazy too.. but I would love to have self canceling indicators
I missed a temp display as well, sat nav not so much but I did ask for it at the dealer once (they told me that even the 790 didn't have the option)
the other thing would be keyless start, it's becoming standard even on 125s

Great points!!
tbj likes this.
J W C is offline  
post #13 of 32 Old 10-11-2019, 05:00 AM
tbj
Senior Member
 
tbj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Norway
Posts: 442
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by J W C View Post
Not really an issue as such... if the 390 could pair the (Sena) as well as the phone (as the KTMs above the 390 do) it would be a call coming in, indicated on the 390 LCD... by clicking the MENU button it would then dispatch the call to the phone and the handlebar UP / DOWN arrows would control the volume. As it is now, the LCD on the 390 indicates there is a call, you press the MENU button and then let go of the left of the handlebar, push the headset (Sena) phone button... and the call is then connected - you then still need to adjust the volume on the headset (Sena) as the 390's "volume" buttons are non operational. Not a big deal but a bit of tweaking on KTM's side could make things safer and easier....
I'm sorry to tell you that this is more a Sena / Phone and not KTM issue, all the buttons worked with the Schuberth/Cardo system and Samsung galaxy s9+
I could answer and adjust the volume on the handlebar.. I assume that you can adjust the volume with the phone buttons during the call received in the helmet?
maybe it's the way the Sena is synced to the phone (not as a headset but something else)?
J W C likes this.

_____________
EX: 2017 Duke 390 orange with a few mods
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Husky Vitpilen 701 (again with a few mods
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
tbj is online now  
 
post #14 of 32 Old 10-11-2019, 06:19 AM
Member
 
Abitibi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 87
Garage
I would like a center stand so I could service my bike without having to buy a remote stand to lift the rear wheel.

Spoked wheel option would be nice.

I also have a Sena headset and have also issues when pairing with the Ktm.

Pairing Sena to my Samsung S8; no problems. Auto answer calls (volume must be adjusted on phone), plays music...

If I then pair to the Ktm I immediately loose my music. Not sure what I'm doing wrong so I've just been ignoring the Ktm pairing request on my phone.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Cheers!
David
Abitibi is offline  
post #15 of 32 Old 10-11-2019, 06:30 AM
tbj
Senior Member
 
tbj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Norway
Posts: 442
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abitibi View Post
I would like a center stand so I could service my bike without having to buy a remote stand to lift the rear wheel.

Spoked wheel option would be nice.

I also have a Sena headset and have also issues when pairing with the Ktm.

Pairing Sena to my Samsung S8; no problems. Auto answer calls (volume must be adjusted on phone), plays music...

If I then pair to the Ktm I immediately loose my music. Not sure what I'm doing wrong so I've just been ignoring the Ktm pairing request on my phone.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
This is strange, the only thing I had problems music wise was that I assigned Spotify as standard app first time I paired the bike to the phone. I realized on the first ride that it's not the best option as Spotify doesn't work with remotes very well, you can't skip songs or go back ( I have the same issue in my BMW when controlling music from the steering wheel)
so I unpaired the bike and assigned Google music as default app for the bike control buttons, worked without any problems after that.

Maybe you guys should start from scratch ; delete all connections and then start with phone to bike and the add Sena as a headset ? it's worth a try at least..

_____________
EX: 2017 Duke 390 orange with a few mods
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Husky Vitpilen 701 (again with a few mods
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)

Last edited by tbj; 10-11-2019 at 06:32 AM.
tbj is online now  
post #16 of 32 Old 10-11-2019, 08:43 AM
Senior Member
 
pingywon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 169
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by J W C View Post
Not really an issue as such... if the 390 could pair the (Sena) as well as the phone (as the KTMs above the 390 do) it would be a call coming in, indicated on the 390 LCD... by clicking the MENU button it would then dispatch the call to the phone and the handlebar UP / DOWN arrows would control the volume. As it is now, the LCD on the 390 indicates there is a call, you press the MENU button and then let go of the left of the handlebar, push the headset (Sena) phone button... and the call is then connected - you then still need to adjust the volume on the headset (Sena) as the 390's "volume" buttons are non operational. Not a big deal but a bit of tweaking on KTM's side could make things safer and easier....
Bluetooth Volume control on the Duke works...its just a crappy implementation. You have to HOLD the up or down button (for too long IMHO) and the volume will change. With that said I have a BT helmet and I never use this. Easier just to reach to the helmet to adjust, but it DOES WORK from the Duke.
Whiskey and J W C like this.
pingywon is online now  
post #17 of 32 Old 10-11-2019, 06:45 PM
Member
 
lcjohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Bristol UK
Posts: 63
Garage
My list
Bigger fuel tank
Centre stand
Larger pillion seat
100cc more engine
better quality suspension

Cheers then!
Jon G

(Monster M1200s
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
& Duke 390
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
lcjohnny is offline  
post #18 of 32 Old 10-12-2019, 09:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Whiskey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Kennesaw GA, US
Posts: 429
Garage
Besides an engine that doesn't blow out?

Mirrors that don't suck.

Some good luggage with mounting brackets.

The bugs worked out of the TFT display. That rainbow thing looks cool at first, but gets annoying after a bit.

A good windscreen that doesn't mess up the look of the front end.

All but the TFT bugs could be resolved by a good aftermarket manufacturer, but I'm having a hard time on the windscreen. I've had a hard time finding luggage that doesn't cost an arm and a leg too.

2017 Duke 390

Only a motorcycle rider can understand why a dog sticks his head out of the window.
Whiskey is online now  
post #19 of 32 Old 10-13-2019, 12:02 AM
Member
 
Abitibi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 87
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
Besides an engine that doesn't blow out?

Mirrors that don't suck.

Some good luggage with mounting brackets.

The bugs worked out of the TFT display. That rainbow thing looks cool at first, but gets annoying after a bit.

A good windscreen that doesn't mess up the look of the front end.

All but the TFT bugs could be resolved by a good aftermarket manufacturer, but I'm having a hard time on the windscreen. I've had a hard time finding luggage that doesn't cost an arm and a leg too.
I'm cheap and I got tired of my tank bag so I made my own luggage kit. Bought a used tail rack and mounted a used Pelican case. Not large enough to lock an helmet but tons of rooms for my commute gears/clothes and all. Waterproof and locks. All in for $110cdn ($80-85usd).

Cheers!
David
Abitibi is offline  
post #20 of 32 Old 10-13-2019, 09:39 AM
Senior Member
 
Whiskey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Kennesaw GA, US
Posts: 429
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abitibi View Post
I'm cheap and I got tired of my tank bag so I made my own luggage kit. Bought a used tail rack and mounted a used Pelican case. Not large enough to lock an helmet but tons of rooms for my commute gears/clothes and all. Waterproof and locks. All in for $110cdn ($80-85usd).
I bought a set of through over saddle bags that would work great except that the tail is tapered in. I fashioned some make shift brackets, but they are far from ideal.

2017 Duke 390

Only a motorcycle rider can understand why a dog sticks his head out of the window.
Whiskey is online now  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome