Wishlist for my 390 Duke... - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 Old 10-10-2019, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Wishlist for my 390 Duke...

Would be very nice to:

1. Have Self Canceling Turn Signals (they really could separate the right/left indicators on the LCD!)

2. Have a GPS function on the LCD

3. Have cruise control for the long hauls

What else??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 10-10-2019, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
After thought... how does one use a Sena headset (10S) with the 390 in the KTM My Ride option. The 390 paired my phone but I need the Sena to pair too as this is the headset via the KTM to the phone... No option for pairing headset???
post #3 of 32 Old 10-10-2019, 02:37 PM

Garage
I think you can buy self cancelling indicator modules but I think thatís just lazy car driver thinking

Being able to link gps from phone to display would be cool.

I donít see why you need two indicator symbols on the dash tho, come on man

Your senna should link to your phone, then the bike connects to the phone as a controller only, so you can use it to skip tracks, alter volume and answer calls etc.
Whiskey and pingywon like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 32 Old 10-10-2019, 04:06 PM

Garage
If we are wishing I would add outside air temp to the dash. The reality is they want us to step up and buy a 690/790/1200 to get this stuff
J W C likes this.
post #5 of 32 Old 10-10-2019, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by moazman View Post
I think you can buy self cancelling indicator modules but I think that’s just lazy car driver thinking

Being able to link gps from phone to display would be cool.

I don’t see why you need two indicator symbols on the dash tho, come on man

Your senna should link to your phone, then the bike connects to the phone as a controller only, so you can use it to skip tracks, alter volume and answer calls etc.
Self cancelling indicator remark: Tell that to the Superduke R riders!!

Separate indicators on LCD remark: Very few modern day bikes do not have it - even the cheap ones from the East....

Sena remark: Yep, tried it tonight... more manual operation (like the non cancelling indicators) - it works. Most KTMs above the 390 have a pairing option for headsets...

So glad the self starter is there for the lazy riders... you'd probably opt for the kick starter...
post #6 of 32 Old 10-10-2019, 07:30 PM

Garage
Omg a kickstart would be awesome

I just use Bluetooth earphones instead of a headset so Iím not too up to spec on Sena type stuff. Does it make a difference if the headset is paired to the bike instead of the phone?

I can answer calls and control my music using the bike switchgear. I thought it would be the same for a headset?
J W C likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 32 Old 10-10-2019, 07:32 PM

Garage
Wishlist for my 390 Duke...

I think the only real change Iíd like to do, is have a rear number plate holder like the Husky 401.

The stock tail is so ugly but I ride in the rain a lot so I donít wanna fit a tail tidy coz Iím too lazy to be cleaning everything with all the spray. Function over form

post #8 of 32 Old 10-11-2019, 03:45 AM
tbj

Garage
I have Schuberth c3pro with SRC com setup (it's made by Cardo) and I linked the helmet to the phone and the phone to the bike, worked like a charm
everything connected together automatically when I fired both the helmet and bike up. what issues do you have with Senna?

Husky Vitpilen 701 (again with a few mods
)
post #9 of 32 Old 10-11-2019, 03:49 AM
tbj

Garage
PS maybe I'm lazy too.. but I would love to have self canceling indicators
I missed a temp display as well, sat nav not so much but I did ask for it at the dealer once (they told me that even the 790 didn't have the option)
the other thing would be keyless start, it's becoming standard even on 125s

)
post #10 of 32 Old 10-11-2019, 03:53 AM
tbj

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by moazman View Post
I think the only real change Iíd like to do, is have a rear number plate holder like the Husky 401.

The stock tail is so ugly but I ride in the rain a lot so I donít wanna fit a tail tidy coz Iím too lazy to be cleaning everything with all the spray. Function over form
There are a few used ones on ebay, shouldn't be a problem to mount it on the Duke, the swing arm is the same, but you will need to extend the wires for the rear light and indicators.

)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page