Ugh...was hit by truck....fix or total?! - Page 2 - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 Old 11-03-2019, 03:18 PM

Garage
Are the forks or triple clamps bent? if not it looks like you need a headlight and new plastics. Did the bike go down? the exhaust looks intact, not a scratch on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 Old 11-03-2019, 03:38 PM

Hello,

If there are no structural damages (frame) I'd consider repairing. Maybe this would be a better deal. On the other hand, if there are structural damages, then I'd go with totalling it.

Decisions / choices apart, the most important is that you are able to tell us what happened, and even better, without major injuries!

RM
post #13 of 20 Old 11-03-2019, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyzee View Post
Take the 3973.72. That is about the value of that model year now. You will be farther ahead.. if you had any Farley that you can remove/replace you will be even farther ahead.

If you aren’t aware, 2019 models are really low cost now. 4600$ or so depending on your locale. 2019 rc390’s are 4k$.

Might be a duke 450 in the works if you wait. The 2020 duke 390 will have revisions too
What concerns me is its $4600 + tax + tags + dealer destination, etc.... I was at a KTM dealership yesterday and I asked them for the out the door cost currently for a 2019 and he came up with just shy of $6000. I was like yeah right....my '17 I bought as a leftover for $4850 in April '18.

post #14 of 20 Old 11-03-2019, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by omartins View Post
Hello,

If there are no structural damages (frame) I'd consider repairing. Maybe this would be a better deal. On the other hand, if there are structural damages, then I'd go with totalling it.

Decisions / choices apart, the most important is that you are able to tell us what happened, and even better, without major injuries!

RM
I cant tell....the forks look ok, but I haven't been able to ride it now to feel how everything is.

The tank has a dent in it on that side too.

I'm just worried if there is something damaged that wont allow the bike to feel the same.
post #15 of 20 Old 11-03-2019, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
What concerns me is its $4600 + tax + tags + dealer destination, etc.... I was at a KTM dealership yesterday and I asked them for the out the door cost currently for a 2019 and he came up with just shy of $6000. I was like yeah right....my '17 I bought as a leftover for $4850 in April '18.
That dealer was trying to screw you. Keep looking.
In Oregon (and elsewhere) they are 4600 out the door. No destination, no setup, no dealer document fees, no state sales tax. You pay your statesí tax, title and registration. I know Oregon is across the country from you.

This isnít my first rodeo, but it is the first one with real clowns...
post #16 of 20 Old 11-03-2019, 07:42 PM

And 2019 RC390’s are even less $

This isnít my first rodeo, but it is the first one with real clowns...
post #17 of 20 Old 11-03-2019, 08:16 PM

Garage
Total it. Too risky otherwise and you'll blow through the repair settlement. It's end of season so you should be able to find a good deal if you shop around.

2016 Duke 390 - Lowered 45mm F&R with T-Rex Racing link and kickstand, YSS MZ506 shock, RC390 fork springs & custom spacers, DynoJet quickshifter and PCV, Gray Area KTM airbox, open lid, inverted K&N filter, Werkes pipe, TYGA header, 16T sprocket, 320mm Galfer rotor and HH pads, XHP50 LED headlight, Vizi-tec SupaBrake II, Renthal grips with HeatDemon heaters, lever guards, Ride It Moto levers, eBay sliders, rear spools and rearsets, DIY tail tidy, HD radiator, F&R shock guards, OBD2 dongle
post #18 of 20 Old 11-03-2019, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Mardigen View Post
Are the forks or triple clamps bent? if not it looks like you need a headlight and new plastics. Did the bike go down? the exhaust looks intact, not a scratch on it.
The right front hit the truck. It went down on the left side.
post #19 of 20 Old 11-05-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN Duke View Post
Total it. Too risky otherwise and you'll blow through the repair settlement. It's end of season so you should be able to find a good deal if you shop around.
I would agree with this, looks like a lot of bits and pieces smashed
Plus you don’t know if the frame or forks are damaged.
varroa likes this.
post #20 of 20 Old 11-05-2019, 12:12 PM

Garage
Glad you're ok. Make sure you get paid for your damaged gear. If it was in the wreck, it's damaged. I had all of my gear replaced when I had my wreck.

If I were in your shoes, I'd take the total amount and put it as a down payment towards a new bike. Maybe a down payment on a 790 or 1290. Gasp, you may even look at other brands .

Don't know where you live but Solid Performance in PA got me out the door for about $5500 on a new 2018 last November.
pingywon likes this.

~FRV

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page