KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

Hello Orange Buddies

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Ubik 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Fellow KTM390 owner (2013 model) from Pune,India.It's been amazing three years with bike with lots of experience and fun time on the road.Looking forward for more fun,knowledge and engagement with fellow KTM riders :)

Just finished a 3 month long trip from India to UK covering approx 22000 kms.It has been smooth and fast except few issues.

Cheers
Biru

#2 ·
Just finished a 3 month long trip from India to UK covering approx 22000 kms.It has been smooth and fast except few issues.

Cheers
Biru
Welcome - and Wow, that is some journey !

Please let us know about the 'issues' and what is your bike mileage in total (over the 3 years)?

Reactions: Diploman
#4 ·
That is the highest mileage one I have heard of - any other major issues since new e.g. head gasket or water pump?

#5 ·
HTML:
No such problems with head gasket and water pump.Front fork seals had broken couple of times,now i use this fork cover to keep the dust away.Had to replace the fork rod once which is quite heavy for the pocket,even in India.With the services in regular interval,my bike has been mostly problem free.

Cheers
Biru

#6 ·
That is great to hear (other than the fork problem of course) and helps dispel the myth that these bikes are unreliable.

i'm sure we'd all love to hear more about your travels - good to have you on board ! :)

#11 ·
Biru, Welcome, You're the Man!!! Awe-inspiring trip!

This is very encouraging and confidence-building to hear that you and your Duke made that epic journey. I think it suggests that with regular maintenance and reasonable riding, the Duke is capable of a long, relatively trouble-free service life.

We are happy to have you on board here and look forward to your forum contributions!

Raising a glass to you and your odyssey!

Reactions: beruoist and 640
#14 ·
Wow. I've never seen so much stuff strapped to a 390 in my life. Lol.

The fork sock thing is a very good idea.

Even Hondas, have the occasional electrical issue. The Honda Interceptor is infamous for them.

With the shape that Europe is in right now, I think it took a lot of bravery to make that trip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.