Welcome to KTMDukeForum! Please post an introduction. - Page 68 - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #671 of 706 Old 06-19-2019, 02:23 PM

Hello and welcome. I used to ride a Suzuki TL1000R 20+ yrs ago and it never put a smile on my face the way this little Duke does.

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk
duke200 and blakestree like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #672 of 706 Old 06-20-2019, 02:24 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by airazen View Post
there's some privilege/pride using 'brembo' in my country...
which country is that?
post #673 of 706 Old 06-25-2019, 04:08 PM

Everybody Welcome! I wish the best for you!

Sent from my ASUS_X00HD using Tapatalk

post #674 of 706 Old 06-29-2019, 04:21 AM
TRS

The Duke had to go

After having the Duke for over a year i happened to find the bike i was dreaming of when teenager in mid 70:s. 1971 Honda CB450 Twin. Cannot have both so the Duke found a good home in southern Swedish city Malmö. Enjoyed the experience with the Duke, the low weight and nimbleness.
The Honda is in excellent shape but needs some modernisation, want to change the breaker points and condensations to electronic ignition, new coils and stuff like that. No visual changes though.
Thanks for all help i got from this forum, will advise the new owner of this site also.
///TRS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CB450.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	49215  
duke200, KTMasean and varroa like this.

TRS
post #675 of 706 Old 07-01-2019, 08:38 AM

Garage
Hi, new rider and Duke 390 owner here

I really need a windshield for it lol
varroa likes this.
post #676 of 706 Old 07-02-2019, 01:42 AM

Garage
If you're in the US and want to buy a used windshield like this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/KTM-390-DUK...fe50%7Ciid%3A1

I'll sell you mine (light gray). This is the link to pictures of mine:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhQsPCmxFEwFilpFwaadJe-7KxKJ
post #677 of 706 Old 07-12-2019, 11:14 PM

Hi from Saskatchewan to everyone. 2017 390 Duke. I have been riding bikes most of my life. My last two bikes were a KLR650 and a Vstrom 1000. In the last ten years. Our provincial insurance rates on larger bikes have increased dramatically. I had an opportunity so I sold the Vee. Last summer I really missed having a bike. So I started looking for smaller used dual purpose bike for a summer toy. I looked at at all the typical Japanese options before I settled on a new Duke. It seemed like such a good bang for my buck. They had 0.9% financing to boot. I love my little Duke. It is so much fun.

I am now nearing the 5000km mark and have almost worn the rear tire where am not as comfortable to ride on it as I would like to be. I live in a rural location and have thousands of miles of back roads to explore. I am going to start making the Duke into a mini ADV or Scrambler style bike. I am really interested in putting Shinko 705’s on it. I can only find a 120/70R17 front and either a 170/60R17 or a 150/70R17 rear. Has anyone else used either of these on their Duke? How did they fit? Would you recommend?

I am interested to read all your posts and see where everyone is from and find out what you all have done to your bikes.

Take care and ride safe everyone👍🏻
KTMasean and blakestree like this.
post #678 of 706 Old 07-13-2019, 06:16 AM

Garage
I ride a fair bit of dust/off-road in Laos.
Had a set of Pirelli MT60 for 2 years great on-road (and in the wet) and wonderful on dry dust/gravel roads, not so much in mud or wet off-road surfaces.
Looking to get a new set of Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR's next.
No experience with the mentioned Shinko's though, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaspick1 View Post
Hi from Saskatchewan to everyone. 2017 390 Duke. I have been riding bikes most of my life. My last two bikes were a KLR650 and a Vstrom 1000. In the last ten years. Our provincial insurance rates on larger bikes have increased dramatically. I had an opportunity so I sold the Vee. Last summer I really missed having a bike. So I started looking for smaller used dual purpose bike for a summer toy. I looked at at all the typical Japanese options before I settled on a new Duke. It seemed like such a good bang for my buck. They had 0.9% financing to boot. I love my little Duke. It is so much fun.

I am now nearing the 5000km mark and have almost worn the rear tire where am not as comfortable to ride on it as I would like to be. I live in a rural location and have thousands of miles of back roads to explore. I am going to start making the Duke into a mini ADV or Scrambler style bike. I am really interested in putting Shinko 705’s on it. I can only find a 120/70R17 front and either a 170/60R17 or a 150/70R17 rear. Has anyone else used either of these on their Duke? How did they fit? Would you recommend?

I am interested to read all your posts and see where everyone is from and find out what you all have done to your bikes.

Take care and ride safe everyone👍🏻

As long as you are happy with what you ride.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #679 of 706 Old 07-29-2019, 07:58 PM

Hello everyone, I'm from Canada in Quebec Montreal!
Just wanted to say a quick hello and that i've actually used this forum for info quite a bit and decided ti finally create a account!
KTMasean and blakestree like this.
post #680 of 706 Old 07-30-2019, 10:34 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedMan2049 View Post
Hello everyone, I'm from Canada in Quebec Montreal!
Just wanted to say a quick hello and that i've actually used this forum for info quite a bit and decided ti finally create a account!
Welcome, neighbor!

2018 390 Duke

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page