New from Oregon - Page 2 - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 Old 04-04-2017, 06:18 PM

Welcome to the forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 04-05-2017, 01:20 AM

Forget the BMW! (The build quality is probably better- but the motor is smaller- this means it is harder to keep up. Depends on what Ya wanna do with it, I guess.. I do not know about the BMW- I have never ridden one. But I have had the 390 on the road since last year. No issues. No faults. (Apart from the tire pressures- watch your tires. I have adjusted the chain- once, (and lubed it a couple of times). No loss of oil or coolant. Valve clearance was within specs at 1000 klick service. (Will check again before I ride to the east coast in late May)
And yeah- I would but another one. (I already did- my first one got nicked- with 125 klicks on the clock.)They won't get this one!
The specs alone- speak for themselves. (And I am not surprised- that a whole lotta old farts- just like me- got back into this because of THIS bike.
cornerslider likes this.
post #13 of 18 Old 04-05-2017, 11:12 AM

Garage
Spec.s & looks pulled this old fart back, too.
cornerslider likes this.

post #14 of 18 Old 04-05-2017, 11:39 AM

As a former BMW owner (2004 R1150GS) I can testify that the prestigious rondel-bearer has its own share of flaws and deficiencies. All brands and models do, and I have dealt with a lengthy inventory of them. I'm happy with my Duquito so far.

If buying in OR you should check with the dealership in Sublimity. No sales tax (of course) but also no delivery or set-up charges. Easily the best price I could find, even after registering here in CA.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
post #15 of 18 Old 04-05-2017, 11:19 PM

[QUOTE=bahawton;303338]Spec.s & looks pulled this old fart back, too.[/QUOTE
Aha! So I am not the only one!
Back when the 690 was introduced to the NA market, MOTORCYCLIST MAGAZINE claimed that this is the 'ultimate hooligan bike".
That is because the 390 had not been invented yet.. The 390 is smaller/lighter/narrower- and the power to weight ratio is more than adequate- for chasing taxi drivers who wear turbans. Haw!
Release your inner hooligan- sez moi
Diploman and bahawton like this.
post #16 of 18 Old 04-06-2017, 09:30 AM

Welcome aboard.
The lack of information on the ETA of the 17's is EXACTLY what most of us went through with the 15's. KTM are notoriously bad at communication with their dealers.
Even after my dealer had received their allotment, they were still taking orders, despite not knowing they were not getting any more. They actually ordered 6 and ended up getting 3.
If you are serious, I'd get a deposit down ASAP. Even though I prefer the 15/16, the reviews the 17's are getting will mean they won't be on the floor long.

2015 Speedy White one.
Mods: Bazzaz piggyback, MNNTHBX open airbox, K & N air filter, Werkes exhaust, R6 rear shock, PowerParts seats, G6 quick turn throttle, Spal fan, EI conversion, cheapo bar end mirrors and levers, Evotech tail tidy, Evotech spols and bobbins, R&G radiator guard, PowerParts chain guard, EBC HH pads.
post #17 of 18 Old 04-13-2017, 04:03 AM

Depending on where you are in Oregon, motorsports hillsboro may have 2017...bought my 2016 back in July from there...if Costco member can save on setup and freight ...i saved 500 this route
post #18 of 18 Old 04-13-2017, 07:22 AM

hello every one my self akshay kumar,i do live in india i am very poor i can't buy bike i want help can any one give me a ktm bike i will very thankful if any one give me ktm bike ,,my English is poor so don't mind,,,plz help me

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page