• 2 Post By Hoover
  • 1 Post By Diploman
  • 2 Post By Kinky

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 04-20-2017, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Waiting.........

Hi, new here...From the UK

Ordered a 2017 Duke 390 a few weeks back..........

Its still in the factory so I'm told.

Very frustrating....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-20-2017, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
UK 2017 Duke 390 Availability

For some reason I'm not able to post on the forums. I dont appear to have the correct authority so I'll post here.

Those that have pre-ordered in the UK may be interested in a reply from KTM Customer Services. I simply asked them when the Duke 390 would be available. They said...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 20 Apr 2017 12:09 p.m.
Subject: 2017 Duke 390 CRM:0000000000001
To:
Cc:

Dear ****,
Thank you for contacting KTM UK with your enquiry regarding: 2017 Duke 390.
Each week, KTM UK provide all dealers with a list of the stock including the build date, that a dealer has on order with the factory. Initially, there were production delays for the 2017 390 Duke and bikes we did expect to see in March where delayed until this month. The information the dealer receives keeps them fully informed as to when stock is available and when they can expect delivery of certain bikes.
We advise you contact your local KTM Street dealer who will be able to give you further information into their estimated delivery times and and their availability.

Kind regards
Gareth
KTM UK Customer Service Team

post #3 of 8 Old 04-20-2017, 10:09 AM

Ha, nice to see that KTM's willingness to give you the run around stretches across the pond

2015 Speedy White one.
Mods: Bazzaz piggyback, MNNTHBX open airbox, K & N air filter, Werkes exhaust, R6 rear shock, PowerParts seats, G6 quick turn throttle, Spal fan, EI conversion, cheapo bar end mirrors and levers, Evotech tail tidy, Evotech spols and bobbins, R&G radiator guard, PowerParts chain guard, EBC HH pads.

post #4 of 8 Old 04-20-2017, 11:54 AM

Garage
Patience is a virtue!

'16 KTM 390 Duke (WHITE)
Mods - Competition Werkes exhaust, Bazzaz, MNNTHBX intake cover w/ K&N, Evotech Performance tail tidy, ergo seat, pillion seat cover, touring windscreen, adjustable levers and KTM covers
post #5 of 8 Old 04-23-2017, 05:25 PM

Garage
Hoover, that was just naughty....

Pete in Maine
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 Old 04-24-2017, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mejetski2000 View Post
Hoover, that was just naughty....
Ah, perhaps Pete. but a tad true also

2015 Speedy White one.
Mods: Bazzaz piggyback, MNNTHBX open airbox, K & N air filter, Werkes exhaust, R6 rear shock, PowerParts seats, G6 quick turn throttle, Spal fan, EI conversion, cheapo bar end mirrors and levers, Evotech tail tidy, Evotech spols and bobbins, R&G radiator guard, PowerParts chain guard, EBC HH pads.
post #7 of 8 Old 04-24-2017, 11:20 AM

Location: Murrysville, PA, USA. A pleasant, wooded suburb of Pittsburgh.
Getting information transparency out of corporate KTM seems about as difficult and unlikely as getting tax returns out of a certain prominent US government official.....
varroa likes this.

Cheers, Will

"If you don't know where you're going, you might wind up somewhere else."
--Yogi Berra

2015 390 Duke
1980 Moto Guzzi V50 II cafe racer
1984 Moto Guzzi SP 1000
post #8 of 8 Old 04-24-2017, 12:25 PM

https://www.ktmduke390forum.com/forum/new-members-introduction/35594-waiting.html#post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie Alright View Post
Hi, new here...From the UK

Ordered a 2017 Duke 390 a few weeks back..........

Its still in the factory so I'm told.

Very frustrating....
Haw- another gorblimey on here! What area of the UK are you at? (Sorry to hear about your probs! Sounds like the demand for the 390s is picking up- the word is getting around?
I was a member of The Johnson's Motorcycle Club- out near Brands Hatch- back in '65-'66. (To be an official member of that club, you had to do 'the ton' with a guy named 'Mad Johnny'......
We got the use of Brands, one Sunday afternoon. I nearly lost it- at Paddock Bend on the second lap. A guy sailed past me on the inside, (looked like he was on a Sunday stroll.) Afterwards- in the pits- I asked who he was?
I was told: "He is the 'king of Brands"
Hmm- how did he get that name?
"Because he can get around this track- faster than anybody else. His name, is Derick Minter- he lives just up the road."
I virtually lived, at Harry Johnson's transport caf- for over a year- like two or three nites a week, (and nearly every weekend!) We used to do 'burn ups' and stuff like that. And there was another thing they used to do:
Put a shilling in the jukebox- start a record-jump on your bike and go up the road- through West Kingsdown- down 'Death Hill'- around 'Suicide Corner'- around the roundabout after that- and get back to the caf before the record stopped!?!
Only one guy ever made it, (while I was hanging out there). The guys dragged me out to meet him. (He was riding a modded Triump Bonny with a full dustbin fairing on it. (The name of his bike, was painted on the sides of that fairing- it was Vodoo.
I said: You are the only guy who has accomplished this- since I been here. What is your secret?
He laffed and replied: "Easy- I geared it for 140 miles an hour!"
!?! (Don't try this at home, Kids- they will toss you so far behind bars, that they will have to pump air into you!)
(And I got lots more- if anybody wants to hear it..........
Diploman and Hoover like this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page