Hello from the very green state of Oregon, USA! - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 4Likes
  • 4 Post By samfinch99

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-18-2019, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hello from the very green state of Oregon, USA!

Hey folks glad to be here. Recently got bike out of unintended long term storage (health crap) and had numerous issues all crop up:-(
I went to change the oil and filters after getting out of storage; as I walked the bike out of the shop I shifted into nuteral and instantly the shift-linkage ball end fell off due to bad retainer ring, so no shifter! Okay so I ordered the replacement and proceeded to change the oil and found green coolant all up in there...great. Ordered water pump seal parts, once those parts came I installed water pump seals and impeller etc and used a fancy new torque wrench I bought just it. I also had to change the oil and filters again since I hadn't drained the coolant the first time like a dummy thinking it was all in the engine already (it wasn't I had to drain it when rebuilding pump)... So I drained the oil and again and swapped filters and as I went to use my fancy new torque wrench, I snapped one of those frigging oil filter bolts clean off.Dead in the water again. So tonight my full 35 piece easy out set came in the mail and I tell you what I got that thing out no problem. Plenty of penetrant and she just slipped right out. Replaced the shifter linkage after that so now I'm heading in as it's getting late. Now all I got to do is test her out.
After a month of this or that going wrong and waiting for parts and fluids to come in from all over the world, it'll be nice to finally get some riding in.

I may have to put in some knuckle busting, but I sure do love my KTM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-19-2019, 02:21 PM

Garage
The things we do for love lol.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-20-2019, 11:27 AM

Great weather right now for riding in Oregon... Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 Old 07-22-2019, 07:14 PM

Garage
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

Sorry to hear about the run of bad luck, but I'm sure it'll get better.

2017 Duke 390

Only a motorcycle rider can understand why a dog sticks his head out of the window.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page