First Rider Purchased KTM Duke 390 - Fender Eliminator Choices? - Page 4 - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 34 Old 08-05-2019, 08:40 PM

Vagabond or the yosh one if they still sell it, don't be like me and get an ebay one or you'll find yourself spending extra time to modify it to fit (even though it states its specifically for the 390 duke) The problem with the ebay ones is that they do not cover the entire underneath so you have bare white metal exposed and subject to water and dirt getting through the unused screw holes that are left over from the ebay fender kit.

You have been notified.
KTMasean and pingywon like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 08-23-2019, 01:50 PM

I am running the Vegabond, no problems during or after installation.
post #33 of 34 Old 08-24-2019, 04:09 AM

The eliminators on most of the new bikes are ugly... The 390 is no exception. I changed my original one by shortening it (I made sure of the measurements etc. before I started) -. I basically cut the middle part out, cut along the end part where it was welded (3 sides on number plate side) and welded the two together again. I then used a dremel tool to cut the plastic cover (part also holding the rear indicators) and fitted it to my finished welded part. Not only does it look 100% better, it actually looks as if it OEM to the bike..... cost about nothing to remake and the cops will not hassle me....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	390 elim1.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	49371   Click image for larger version

Name:	390 elim2.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	49373  
Abitibi likes this.

post #34 of 34 Old 08-24-2019, 08:09 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by J W C View Post
The eliminators on most of the new bikes are ugly... The 390 is no exception. I changed my original one by shortening it (I made sure of the measurements etc. before I started) -. I basically cut the middle part out, cut along the end part where it was welded (3 sides on number plate side) and welded the two together again. I then used a dremel tool to cut the plastic cover (part also holding the rear indicators) and fitted it to my finished welded part. Not only does it look 100% better, it actually looks as if it OEM to the bike..... cost about nothing to remake and the cops will not hassle me....
I ordered a cheap one on AliExpress (not installed yet) but I'd be very tempted to do the same as you did, looks awesome!

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Cheers!
David

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page