KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

New guy in PNW

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Whiskey 
#1 ·
I’m a noob here. Male (55). Getting ready to purchase a 390 Duke within the next month. Hoping in September there will be killer price drops on 19’s.

I’ve been riding mc’s since 1981. Started with a 76 YZ125 that I registered so I could ride it on the streets. Kinda dual sport style LOL. Then a brand new 84 500 interceptor in 1984. Bike of the year Baby!! Owned and ridden 600 F2, 900rr, Duc 748s, R1, XR 400, YZ 250, KLX 250 and a SilverWing 500 scooter. Enjoyed all of them (well except the Ducati, pure junk).

I have been lurking here and devouring info on the Duke390! Been wanting one since 2015. Seems like a great size city/canyon bike with great reviews. I’m excited to pick one up. So far, the best deal I have been able to put together is 4999$ out the door, one state away (500me drive). I pay the tax, title and license when I return back home.

My question to recent buyers of 2019’s, that read this post, what price you have been paying?? Seems like KTM rebates/offers change each month according to dealers who will talk. I won’t be buying locally as I dislike my local dealer and will not patronize them.

Reactions: varroa
#2 ·
Hi and welcome here!

In Vancouver BC you can get a new 2019 for $3765 plus set up & doc (another $860) so around $4625 plus taxes (all usd). For some reason I've always seen better price here in Canada than State side. Not sure why but not complaining either ;)

I just bought mine 2-3 weeks ago and it's been a great little commuter which is why I bought it. Never had a new bike before so never had to do the break-in process which obviously limits the bike's potential so avoiding Highway (Motorway) as much as possible and going for the city streets instead for my commute. This way I get the best RPM range. Can't wait to be over with it and really enjoy the bike!

I'm not sure how much more you'd save by waiting for September. The 2018 still in stock were only $400 cheaper than the 2019 but those price above are for either the 2018 or 2019... easy choice!

Go for it!

Cheers
David

#3 ·
I got my 2018 new in December 2018. Dealer had it listed at $4300, I got it for $3900 plus dealer fees and crap so I think it came in right around $4600 out the door. I live in the Ozark Mountains and was wanting something smaller, lighter to be able to have fun on since we have no straight roads around me. I did some research, looked at reviews and decided on the Duke. I ride it just about exclusively now but I do still have the bigger bikes when I need to feel some power.

#4 ·
Thanks for the info Gents!!
My waiting to purchase is only forced by my busy schedule. I have a week vacation coming up in two weeks and am hoping to make the purchase then. That might also put me into September which may or may not see different (generous) offers/incentives from KTM.

I am finding a lot of dealers with 2019’s sitting on the floor and in crates still. Only 1 dealer I know of with 2018 left. One orange and one white model. They quoted me two different prices for them (white being 150$ less) because the flooring charges they were going to have to pay we’re coming sooner on the white model.

I’m not trying to be cheap, just save some money. I have a feeling that a week or two of waiting, while I get my travel schedule in order, may be very lucrative $$$ wise.

Does anyone know where to find part numbers for the Duke390? Like oil and air filters, as well as other service parts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.