• 1 Post By Whiskey
  • 1 Post By Abitibi
  • 2 Post By ivladoff
  • 1 Post By Charles

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 08-13-2019, 02:09 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Bar End Mirrors

I thought that bar end mirrors may be sited too low for the D390 riding position. However in Oz passing on the inside is allowed and I wondered if fitting a bar end mirror to the inside may improve safety? It would be focused into the range between a head check and the standard mirror. Opinions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-13-2019, 08:27 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Baby View Post
I thought that bar end mirrors may be sited too low for the D390 riding position. However in Oz passing on the inside is allowed and I wondered if fitting a bar end mirror to the inside may improve safety? It would be focused into the range between a head check and the standard mirror. Opinions?
I did not care for the OEM mirrors. It was the first thing I replaced and I went with bar end mirrors off of ebay. The original quality was crap - they arrived with the paint scratch. I sent a picture to the seller and no questions asked they sent a new set that are perfect. I like them a lot and would not go back to the OEM "bug antennas"
post #3 of 10 Old 08-14-2019, 01:03 PM

Garage
I guess it depends on if you put the bar end mirrors under or over the bars, and if they're over, if you just get a good view of your shoulder.

The OEM mirrors aren't too bad compared to other bikes I have owned, at least they offer a good view and don't have loads of vibration at highway speeds.

I do like how I can glance down quickly to check behind me and in the next lane. A coworker did bar ends on his 1290 so I may ask to borrow those mirrors to try out since they look better.

post #4 of 10 Old 08-16-2019, 12:18 AM

Garage
The factory mirrors are horrible. All I could see in them was my elbows. Bar end mirrors were the first thing I swapped out. I don't think I made it to the first service before I changed them.
pingywon likes this.

2017 Duke 390

Only a motorcycle rider can understand why a dog sticks his head out of the window.
post #5 of 10 Old 08-16-2019, 11:52 AM

Garage
Funny how much difference of opinions exist for the mirrors. I'm quite happy with the stock ones. They don't vibrate, provide all the view I need and the way I've adjusted them I barely see the corner of my elbows. I'd be curious to try the bar end ones but those I've seen protrude even further out from the tip and makes the handle bar look stupidly long (and would likely be harder to squeeze into tight spot). I'd still be curious to try them though.
KTMasean likes this.

Cheers!
David
post #6 of 10 Old 08-16-2019, 01:02 PM

Garage
Another one happy with the stock mirrors. When properly adjusted they are perfectly fine.
KTMasean and Abitibi like this.

>>READY TO RACE
post #7 of 10 Old 08-17-2019, 05:06 AM

Here's my mirrors. I had to remove the OEM ones so the bike would fit in it's shed. Pictured in the background.

Abitibi likes this.
post #8 of 10 Old 08-19-2019, 03:56 PM

The stock mirrors work well but look rubbish in my opinion.

I fitted Duke 1290 mirrors and l think they look a lot better, plus they are better quality.
Plus you can see as much as the stock mirrors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7DE67085-581F-42E0-8AA9-B71DD29960E3_1566240891049.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	49353  
post #9 of 10 Old 08-20-2019, 08:15 PM

Garage
Here's my bar end mirrors. Yes, they make the handle bars look longer, but I like the look. As for squeezing through something, I haven't had any issues, but they pivot right at the end of the bars, so if I hit something with them all it does is make be cuss a bit and have to readjust them.

2017 Duke 390

Only a motorcycle rider can understand why a dog sticks his head out of the window.
post #10 of 10 Old 08-23-2019, 03:15 PM

Garage
I am running Rhinomoto bar mirror mounts and CRG Hindsight EXO mirrors. I also 3D printed some screws for the stalk mirror mounts.

https://imgur.com/gallery/XSXLDNI

Last edited by damonhimself; 08-23-2019 at 03:17 PM.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page