New - KTM Duke 390 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 10-05-2019, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
New

Hey everyone.New here but have lurked for awhile.Had a 2019 Duke 390 and at less than 2000 miles it crapped the bed like forum member Whiskey's bike.Dealer took a long time to replace the whole bike then I told the new owner what the story was behind me selling a new bike.Bought a new Iron 1200.I like and respect all bike brands and ride what I like and respect others as well.I was going to buy the sporty AND Duke 390 and didn't really care which one came first so a flip of a coin ''said'' Duke.

After reading issues about the Duke 390 I did know what I could possibly be getting myself into.But I figured forums have the same members on other forums blowing up so called issues and turning them into something they are not.I really like bikes that have souls to them.I really like the looks of KTM bikes and the Duke was fun to ride.I am waiting to see if the 490 engine series fixes the cylinder head issues and everything else.But for me EVERYTHING needs to be resolved if I was ever to buy another KTM again.If not oh well there are too many other bikes to choose from but I will give KTM a chance to make the Duke 390/490 right.

The 790 is a blast to ride but with all the issues my friend is having with his.....too much $$$$ for said issues.So my next bike I will get will be a DRZ400SM.I am an automotive mechanic so I love to wrench on my own stuff.Life at this point is very complicated for me and I am getting up there in age and after taking care of ungrateful family members and other uncle f**kers it is time to really enjoy what I like and live.

So I hope all you other KTM men and women on here have better luck with yours.

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-05-2019, 07:00 PM

Garage
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

I could probably have written that myself. I'll see what happens, but if I do keep the Duke after it's fixed, it will be used only for local riding around town at surface road speeds.

I've got a BMW 1100RT in the garage with a burned out clutch in it that I've been meaning to get to. Sadly, I trust that 20 year old bike more than my 2 year old Duke at this point. I'll be sure to have the clutch replaced by spring.

I do so love my Duke, I just don't trust it now.

2017 Duke 390

Only a motorcycle rider can understand why a dog sticks his head out of the window.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page