New to the forum, need some assistance with headlight - KTM Duke 390 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 10-27-2019, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
New to the forum, need some assistance with headlight

Hello y'all, been lurking this forum for a while now, never had a need to post so I never made an account, until today that is.
Got home last night after work and noticed my Duke 390 headlight was tilted downwards, upon further inspection it seems that my headlight has slipped out from the adjusting screw, and I have no idea how to reattach it. Anyone got experience with this?

Fun Facts about myself

1. Been riding for a year and a half now, upgraded from a Cbr250 to a Duke this past spring
2. I ride a lot, and everywhere, clocked around 20k km in total, around 11k km on the Duke
3. Currently on my second Duke, lost my first one in an accident 4 months ago, had a taxi u turn on a major road
4. I offroad with it, and it handles surprisingly well
5. I'm Canadian, so hello to the fellow northern Dukers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-27-2019, 07:18 PM

Download the service manual that is on the internet. It will show how to work on the headlight

This isnít my first rodeo, but it is the first one with real clowns...
post #3 of 7 Old 10-27-2019, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I took a look, but it only has instructions of how to remove the entire headlight including the holder, my current issue is the mask separating from the holder its self from where the adjusting screw is. It seems like it a plastic clamp that the ball headed screw slides into, could that be potentially warped and that's why I cant get it to sit tight? I feel like the mask should clip onto the holder at another point because unless I tighten the adjusting screw all the way down (aka the light shines high and the screw sit so deep I feel like its going to slide out from the plastic clamp), the mask wont actually sit tight and would have play along the adjusting screw

post #4 of 7 Old 10-28-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders You View Post
I took a look, but it only has instructions of how to remove the entire headlight including the holder, my current issue is the mask separating from the holder its self from where the adjusting screw is. It seems like it a plastic clamp that the ball headed screw slides into, could that be potentially warped and that's why I cant get it to sit tight? I feel like the mask should clip onto the holder at another point because unless I tighten the adjusting screw all the way down (aka the light shines high and the screw sit so deep I feel like its going to slide out from the plastic clamp), the mask wont actually sit tight and would have play along the adjusting screw
Hello,

A picture, or two, could be helpful here.

RM
post #5 of 7 Old 10-28-2019, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by omartins View Post
Hello,

RM
I'm unable to post pictures yet but here's a link to Google drive https://drive.google.com/folderview?...14odCX2z79e0E4
post #6 of 7 Old 10-28-2019, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by omartins View Post
Hello,

RM
Hope these help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191027_145543.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	49559   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191027_145535.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	49561  
post #7 of 7 Old 10-28-2019, 10:12 PM

I cannot tell what is going on in your pictures without looking at my bike to see the differences.
I am pretty certain that if you remove your headlight assembly from the bike, you can get to the root of the issue

This isnít my first rodeo, but it is the first one with real clowns...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page