New Owner Question - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 11-09-2019, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
New Owner Question

Hello Group!

Did the paperwork today on a 2019 390 Duke. The bike is in the crate so I am picking it up next week. I am so excited and it appears this is a fantastic support group. A couple of quick questions to be sure I have everything straight:

What manuals etc. come with the bike?
How many keys should there be?
Is the Bluetooth active or is this separate / additional charge feature?
Does the bike require a valve adjustment at the first 600 mile service?

Thank You in Advance!
Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 11-09-2019, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob W View Post
Hello Group!

Did the paperwork today on a 2019 390 Duke. The bike is in the crate so I am picking it up next week. I am so excited and it appears this is a fantastic support group. A couple of quick questions to be sure I have everything straight:

What manuals etc. come with the bike?

How many keys should there be?

Is the Bluetooth active or is this separate / additional charge feature?

Does the bike require a valve adjustment at the first 600 mile service?

Thank You in Advance!

Rob
Hello and congrats on your new purchase. The bike comes with both an English and Spanish manuals, 2 keys (my 2nd was under the back pillion), the Bluetooth functionality is there but you have to download the KTM app for the phone. As far as the 600 mile service, my dealership told me that 2017+ 390's don't require any valve adjustment until the 7k mile mark.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 17 Old 11-10-2019, 01:11 AM

Congrats to you!
I have a 2019 as well. Mine came with one owners’ manual in English (article number 3213940en), two factory cut keys ( the router cut style).
The TFT screen is where you will turn on the Bluetooth feature and pair your phone and/or headset. You do NOT need to download the KTM app as it is for the big bore Adventure series KTM motorcycles.
2019 models do not need a valve check/adjust at 600 miles according to the manual.

This isnít my first rodeo, but it is the first one with real clowns...

post #4 of 17 Old 11-10-2019, 07:56 PM

Welcome! I also just picked up my Duke a few days ago, seems as the other guys have answered your questions. I hope your fortunate enough to live in a warm climate ahah. My dukes gonna have 1km sitting in my garage until March 😅
post #5 of 17 Old 11-10-2019, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thank you all for the feedback! I live in Florida so the best part of the riding season is just starting.
post #6 of 17 Old 11-11-2019, 06:31 AM

Garage
Welcome from Kennesaw GA and congrats on the new ride!

2017 Duke 390

Only a motorcycle rider can understand why a dog sticks his head out of the window.
post #7 of 17 Old 11-11-2019, 11:02 AM

Garage
2 keys - mine came with a really nice KTM binder with a KTM pen and the manual in English and Spanish. Its a good place for keeping all your service records.

Bluetooth is totally active...there is NO download needed. you'll just link your phone via the TFT display.

Service is required @ 600 miles. The valve thing is a point of contention around here. I'm am in PA and I can tell you this. When I brought my 2018 in for 1st service. They told me that KTM no longer requires/recommends a valve check. However, they also told me that this makes the 1st service significantly cheaper. IIRC I paid like $250 for the first service.
Whyzee likes this.
post #8 of 17 Old 11-11-2019, 01:46 PM

Garage
Hi Folks,

I don't know what is different on the 2019s, but when I bought my 18 in march, the dealer told me the valves didn't need adjustment until the second service (about 9200 miles).
I just check mine this weekend at ~2000 miles, and both exhaust valves were tight
(.1 mm vs .15 - .20). The intakes were at the minimum ( also .1mm vs. .1 - .15). All adjusted to maximum opening now.
It is quite a pain to get to the valves, but not difficult. Very tight in there. At the suggestion of many, I removed the radiator for more room to work. Well worth the trouble in my opinion. I glad I didn't wait until 9200 miles to check them!

Great bike though. You'll love it!

Cheers!
Craig
KTMasean likes this.
post #9 of 17 Old 11-11-2019, 04:46 PM

Garage
There's two KTM Apps. You may need the free one (KTM My Ride Connect). I do for my 2018 to control my phone/music. The pay one is for the turn-by-turn nav for the adventure bikes.
pingywon likes this.

~FRV
post #10 of 17 Old 11-11-2019, 06:11 PM

Garage
Hat's off to Craig in Alabama... thanks for the heads up, man.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page