New riding textile gears - KTM Duke 390 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 09-29-2019, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
New riding textile gears

I took a gamble and ordered from FC-Moto (Germany) a textile jacket, pants and a bluetooth system for my LS2 helmet. A gamble as I'm in Canada but the price made it worth it. Especially since they hade an extra 15% promo code!

I ordered the Oxford Montreal 3.0 jacket & matching pants.

Came within a couple weeks and have been using them daily.

First impression, the jacket is amazing especially for the price. It's a 4 season jacket with decent vent, thermal liner, CE protections on elbows and shoulder... easy to get all the specs on line if curious. It's been completely waterproof so far but I'll need to spray it with a water repellent so the fabric doesn't soak up. I also bought a CE back padding to replace the foam one that came with the jacket.

The pants are equally great except they aren't as waterproof. My crotch/rear end get wet when riding in the rain. Rest of the pants are fine. Not sure if it's a defect or just the limit of those pants..

Helmet is a LS2 Valiant. You can legally ride with the front piece up. A bit noisy at hwy speed but aren't they all?!? Looks a bit too much StarWars but good helmet nonetheless. Only issue is that I couldn't fit an Amazon special bluetooth kit. So instead of $40 I had to pay 4x that price for a specific kit (LinkedIn). Works great but cant use the KTM bluetooth from the bike as it interferes with the helmet one

Glove and boots were bought used (like new) on craigslist. Got leather gloves and textile winter/rain gloves. Nice to trade once in a while.

So I'm ready for more riding!!! (Once my son removes my gears, lol)

Cheers,
David

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Cheers!
David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-03-2019, 10:26 PM

Hey, I also live in Canada and just purchased some gear from fc moto, I paid $45 for shipping, I’m curious did you have to pay duties/tariffs if so, how much did it cost you?
post #3 of 3 Old 12-04-2019, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
Hey, I also live in Canada and just purchased some gear from fc moto, I paid $45 for shipping, Iím curious did you have to pay duties/tariffs if so, how much did it cost you?
Hi Nolan

Yes, I paid duties but can't recall how much it was. Probably equivalent to regular taxes... Enjoy your gears!
David

Cheers!
David

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page