WTB: 390 vinyl stickers for rear cowl - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 09-09-2017, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
WTB: 390 vinyl stickers for rear cowl

Anyone on here make vinyl stickers by chance? I'm looking for some for the ebay rear cowl I just purchased.

-2016 KTM 390 Duke-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-10-2017, 02:20 AM

Consider some peel&stick plastic. Stretch it on with a heat gun, (or a hair dryer) This stuff will protect the plastic, from light scratches and fading because of sunlight. Peel it back off- with a heatgun- when you decide to trade it in or flog it.
All kinds of this stuff out there. (I got some ersatz carbon fiber stuff- be putting it on, sometime soon.....
There are other reasons for doing this: When I bought my first Duke, I bitched at the salesguy, (Hi Carl at GPBIKES):
This thing should be a stealth bike. The gaudy graphics and bright colours- they attract the wrong kinds of people: thieves and cops. I was right- the first one got stolen. (It has taken one year, to find out who has it.) Never mind that- if I lose this one, the insurance will buy me a new one- same as this:
Perfect for the city! Light and narrow! (About 100 lbs lighter, than any other single that I have ever owned, over the past 30 years! Perhaps 10 BHP over the best of the previous. AND FACTORY INSTALLED LATEST VERSION OF THE BOSCH ABS SYSTEM! (My racer friends- they all say that ABS is for pussies! (Oh yeah? The ABS on this bike- have saved my ass, at least a half dozen times this summer!)
Because this motor is sub 400 c.c. Ya get a major break with insurance. Here- I pay less that 73 bucks for full coverage. (I have a friend, who pays almost 1000 dollars per month for his hyper Ducati).
Ride the thing around town for a week, and then go to a gasbar to fill up. (The most money that I have ever paid to fill up- was 9 dollars & 25 cents! Around me at the pumps, people are filling their SUVs for 40-60 dollars! And I am getting the same mileage that they are?
What is not to like?
post #3 of 12 Old 09-10-2017, 03:10 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Bro I was just looking for some stickers lol

-2016 KTM 390 Duke-

post #4 of 12 Old 09-10-2017, 03:37 AM

Haha- here is your chance to get creative: Do you remember those old Pontiac Firebird musclecars,(they got that bird thing on their hoods? My old biker friends- they called these cars "Thunder Chickens."- haw!
Get one of those stickers-plaster it on yer bike- and when anybody asks: "What on earth is that?"
You can reply: This is my thunderchicken.
Haw!
(Come on, Man- get your yayas on.)
post #5 of 12 Old 09-10-2017, 03:50 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky View Post
Haha- here is your chance to get creative: Do you remember those old Pontiac Firebird musclecars,(they got that bird thing on their hoods? My old biker friends- they called these cars "Thunder Chickens."- haw!
Get one of those stickers-plaster it on yer bike- and when anybody asks: "What on earth is that?"
You can reply: This is my thunderchicken.
Haw!
(Come on, Man- get your yayas on.)
Dude I already have a lot that I'm working on with my Supra lol. I just want two stickers that say 390 on it lolz.

-2016 KTM 390 Duke-
post #6 of 12 Old 09-10-2017, 06:01 AM

https://www.ktmduke390forum.com/forum/want-buy/

Why the ****, do U have to advertise- that this thing is a 390? When it can eat bikes twice it's size!
Do you really need that kinda street cred? Would you not prefer to fly under the radar? Haw!
(Personally, I don't think that anybody has to know- what is machine is capable of! Only the people who already know- because they are already riding one! Nobody else has to know!
Haw!
post #7 of 12 Old 09-10-2017, 10:05 AM

Garage
Because that's the decal he wants...chill, dude...

2015 Duke 390
post #8 of 12 Old 09-10-2017, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I have no fucking clue what is going on here, I literally just want two vinyl stickers that just say 390. It doesn't really matter why I should want them and to be honest you are either on some fucking drugs or you are one crazy mother ******. I don't normally say stuff like that to people... However you seriously need to relax and leave me the **** alone. I tried to be normal about it and keep it on topic, but you've over stepped so kindly piss off mate.

-2016 KTM 390 Duke-
post #9 of 12 Old 09-10-2017, 04:50 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jzsupra View Post
I have no fucking clue what is going on here, I literally just want two vinyl stickers that just say 390. It doesn't really matter why I should want them and to be honest you are either on some fucking drugs or you are one crazy mother ******. I don't normally say stuff like that to people... However you seriously need to relax and leave me the **** alone. I tried to be normal about it and keep it on topic, but you've over stepped so kindly piss off mate.
Yeah, definitely the weirdest exchange I've seen in a minute lol.

Idk about where to buy 390 stickers but I can check my stash of stickers tomorrow morning for ya - I don't know that I have any 390 stickers but I think it's a possibility.

'16 FZ-07 - Current Bike
'17 Duke 390 - Crash/Total Loss
post #10 of 12 Old 09-11-2017, 05:56 PM

Garage
Check out KTM Twins, they have some generic KTM stickers in different sizes and styles. I've definitely struggled to find any US based decal shops that already have sticker packages prepared for KTM bikes. It seems that all the good decal places are in India and they charge an arm for international shipping.

- OakMoto
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page